Frederick Herzberg: Hygiene and Motivation
- Staying motivated on the job. Oleska, Paula // Fairfield County Business Journal;01/31/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 5, pS4
Offers tips and advice on how to stay motivated on the job. Fear, criticism and competition as good motivators; Motivating by creating a safe environment by expressing trust and encouragement than by instilling fear; Play as an excellent resource to tap into when it comes to learning of any...
- Motivation: Key to a better job. Koonce, Richard // Training & Development;Apr96, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p19
Emphasizes the importance of motivation in personal effectivess at work. Determining motivation factors; Ways to leverage professional experience; Assessment of job satisfaction.
- 4 DAY AND FLEXIBLE WORKWEEK. // Industrial Management;May73, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the relation of employee motivation with the degree of task. Definition of motivation; Evaluation on the level of satisfaction; Perception about task environment.
- Job Satisfaction: A Possible Integration Of Two Theories. Hazer, John T. // Training & Development Journal;Jul76, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p12
Proposes an integration of Herzberg's two-factor theory of job satisfaction and the traditional theory and a rationale for deciding which motivation methods to use for employees who have differing levels of job satisfaction. Application of the term motivator to variables which are related to...
- Motivating workers. // Business Press;11/13/98, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p41
Reports on the results of a survey conducted by The Gallup Organization and Carlson Marketing Group on employee motivation in the United States. Correlation between employee satisfaction and increased company profits; Employees' preference for recognition from managers and supervisors over...
- Job becomes more fulfilling with initiative. Kinsman, Michael // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/26/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 48, p4
Focuses on the factors affecting job satisfaction. Assessment of the working initiative of the employees; Offer of promotions and rewards; Job description.
- Great expectations. Huber, Janean // Entrepreneur;Dec1993, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p14
Reports on employees' criteria for job satisfaction. Families and Work Institute's survey of American workers entitled `The National Study of the Changing Workforce'; Willingness to work hard; Reasons for accepting jobs; Concern with quality work environment, flexibility and more time for...
- New ways to reward. Woodcock, Elizabeth W. // Cosmetic Surgery Times;Jul2006, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p32
The article offers tips on how to motivate, reward and impress the staff in a medical practice.
- Motivation Theory: Source of Solution or Part of Problem? Behling, Orlando; Shapiro, Mitchell B. // Business Horizons;Feb74, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p59
Focuses on the alternative method for improving employee motivation and satisfaction in the United States. Differential applicability of managerial processes in different cultures; Influence of human behavior on employee motivation; Effects of subcultural differences on job satisfaction.