- FREDERICK W. TAYLOR--THE PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT PIONEER. // Advanced Management Journal;Fall67, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p8
Presents the text of an acceptance speech given by Peter F. Drucker, professor of management at the New York University, on June 12, 1967 about the discipline of management.
- Perspectives. Tavis, Anna // People & Strategy;2009, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article by Richard Straub about management expert Peter Drucker's Viennese roots, one about Drucker's view of global citizenship by Thomas Sattleberger and one on Drucker's view of management as an art form by Danica Purg.
- Peter F. Drucker on work and management. // Asian Business Review;Jan1999, p98
Features Peter F. Drucker, the world's most prolific management writer. Family background; Drucker's career as a management pundit; Business concepts introduced by Drucker; Information on several management books written by Drucker.
- Worldwide variations in management style. Tarrant, John J. // Management Review;Apr76, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p36
Discusses the worldwide variations in management style. Counselor with an international clientele, Peter Drucker's observation that type of industry may impose similarities that override cultural differences; Cultural influences on business in Germany; Rank-consciousness of French.
- Doing Things. // Permanente Journal;Fall2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p40
The article presents a quote from Austrian-born American consultant and author Peter Drucker about management and leadership.
- Hot tips for managers. // Management;Apr95, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p21
Presents management advice from expert Peter Drucker. Key points for success; Setting strategic direction objectives; Competitive factors in business management; Key to information literacy; Difference between knowledge and skills; Competencies for superior performance.
- It Leaders Must Rethink Project Management. // AirGuide Online.com;3/1/2010, p1
The article reports that information technology professional should take a note from management thinker Peter Drucker on project management.
- Peter Drucker, the man who changed the world. James, David // BRW;09/15/97, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p48
Profiles Peter Drucker, the father of management thinking. Drucker's contributions to the understanding of management thinking; Purpose of management theory to define how to make money or use resources effectively; Potential for intellectual dishonesty; Drucker's identification of the...
- MBO and The Small Organization. Francis, G. James; Bolander, Steven F. // American Journal of Small Business;Jul76, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
Since Peter Drucker's Practice of Management (1954), Management by Objectives (MBO) has been one of the more controversial approaches to participative management. Despite a growing experience extolling the benefits of MBO, some feel it is still an altruistic theory that has never really...