Work IS Life
- Work less, live more. Kirkpatrick, Anna // Briarpatch;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p29
The article offers information on the individuals' relationship towards work. It states that work gives lives meaning and purpose, and provides chances to contribute, interact and connect with others. It adds that in some instances, work can be degrading drudgery such as meaningless employment...
- Get a Life! Caudron, Shari // Workforce;Oct99, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p27
Discusses the invasion of work into employees' private lives. Programs initiated by human resources management which eliminates the line between work and private life; Reasons for the willingness of employees to exchange private time for work.
- A new view of work. Goddard, Robert W. // Supervision;Apr91, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p14
Discusses how supervisors would balance their work and social life. Insights on the implications of the value system; Challenges facing today's organizations; Approaches which managers should consider in their work; Final analysis of the study.
- Measuring success. Fossel, P.V. // Country Journal;Mar/Apr89, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p12
Editorial. Discusses how the American workweek has increased largely because of the desire for luxuries rather than necessities. Gives an example of hard work that yields nothing but satisfaction.
- Off the cuff. // Personnel Journal;Jul95, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p15
Presents the answers of `Personnel Journal' periodical readers to the questions on work and recreation in the United States. Impact of downsizing; Balancing of work with play; Effect of advancements in technology.
- RESOLVE CONFLICT. // Managing People at Work;Mar2011, Issue 348, p8
The article offers information on how colleagues can overcome issues related to mistrust.
- Letter to Amanda. Koonce, Richard // Training & Development;Aug96, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p14
Discusses the impact of work on family life. Lack of time with children due to work; Suggestions for spending quality time with children.
- Simplicity's siren song. Bellman, Geoff // Training & Development;Aug96, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p52
Explores simplicity in work. Dealing with pressures in work; Balancing complexity of life and work.
- Changes in women's work continuity. Fast, Janet; Pont, Moreno Da // Canadian Social Trends;Autumn97, Issue 46, p2
Examines the changes in women's work continuity. Description of how women's employment continuity has changed; Role long-term employment interruptions play in shaping the career paths of individuals who experience them; Areas where employment discontinuity affects; Reasons women interrupt their...