- The forgotten Filipino-Americans who led the '65 Delano grape strike. Morehouse, Lisa // Filipino Post;9/17/2015, p18
No abstract available.
- Viva la causa! Boyle, Eugene J. // America;5/22/1993, Vol. 168 Issue 18, p4
Pays tribute to the late Cesar Chavez, spirit-filled leader of the United Farmworkers Union AFL-CIO. National Farm Workers Association; The National Farm Workers Association's march from Delano, Calif., to Sacramento to petition Governor Pat Brown to do something about collective bargaining...
- A great & good man. // Commonweal;6/4/93, Vol. 120 Issue 11, p4
Editorial. Recounts the work of farm labor organizer Cesar Chavez, who died on April 23, 1993 at the age of 66. Served on the `Commonweal' Sixtieth Anniversary Committee in 1984; Founded the United Farm Workers Union; Spirit of solidarity among members of UFW; Union's idealism, founded on...
- California bid for holiday honoring Cesar Chavez. Van Slambrouck, Paul // Christian Science Monitor;4/10/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 96, p2
Looks at the public support behind a California legislative proposal for creating a paid holiday in honor of farm-labor leader Cesar Chavez.
- The federal government. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;5/31/95, Vol. 87 Issue 129, p2
Informs about the result of the federal government's investigation if the farm labor leader Cesar Chavez was a Communist or subversive.
- Four Local Trailblazers To Be Honored At Annual Cesar Chavez Birthday Celebration. // La Prensa San Diego;3/8/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p4
The article presents information on the celebration of the life and legacy of Cesar Chavez that will be celebrated on March 28, 2013 in San Diego in which four citizens will be honored.
- Chavez legacy. Aguilar, Dahlia // Hispanic;Jun1993, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p14
Profiles the late Cesar Chavez, president of the United Farm Workers of America (UFWA) who passed away on April 23, 1993. Protest against unregulated pesticide sprayed on grapes; Pesticides' link with cancer and birth defects; Chavez's contributions to UFWA.
- Cesar E. Chavez Commemorative Breakfast. // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/19/2009, Issue 1108, p14
The article offers information on the 11th annual Cesar E. Chavez Commemorative Breakfast in honor of the late United Farm Workers (UFW) founder and civil rights hero to be held in San Diego, California on March 30, 2009.
- Champion of farm workers dies. // Christian Century;5/12/93, Vol. 110 Issue 16, p513
Pays tribute to Cesar Chavez, 66, who died on April 23, 1993. Founder and leader of the United Farm Workers; Comment by Joan Brown Campbell of the National Council of Churches.