The Labor Movement
- What happened to organized labor? Nelson, Daniel // American Heritage;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p81
Discusses reasons contributing to the decline of economic and influence of organized labor in the United States since the 1950s. Influences that drove organized labor before World War II; Workers most likely to join unions; Union success' dependence on employers' acquiescence; Importance of the...
- THE BRITISH SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY OF LABOUR HISTORY. Gollan, R. A. // Bulletin of the Australian Society for the Study of Labour Histo;May1962, Issue 2, p89
The article presents a section of the journal intended to be used as a source for readers for the exchange of information, discussion, and opinion on Australian labor history. R. A. Gollan, the president of the Australian Society for the Study of Labour History, discusses a project to create a...
- THE DEVELOPMENT OF GOLD-MINING UNIONISM IN QUEENSLAND IN THE LATE NINETEENTH CENTURY. STOODLEY, JUNE // Labour History;Nov1966, Issue 11, p14
The article discusses the development of union activity among gold miners in Queensland at the end of the 19th century. Differences between Miners' Protection Associations and labor unions, the connection between mining unions and co-operative insurance societies, and the role of the labor...
- What about the workers -- how well does heritage represent labour? Guille, Howard // Queensland History Journal;Aug2013, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p98
The article discusses the history of and the representation of the Australian labour movement on the Queensland, Australia, Heritage Register as of August 2013. The article discusses several phases of the Queensland labour movement on issues such as collective bargaining, arbitration, and labour...
- Milestones in the history of organized labor. Gray, Robert T. // Nation's Business;Feb96, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p22
Presents the history of events that occurred in organized labor in the United States. Details on launch of umbrella organizations in 1866-1880; Information on rail workers strike against Pullman Company in 1894; More.
- Archive Deposits. Williams, Katherine // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter98, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p324
Presents manuscripts and archival materials relating to labor history in Great Britain. Correspondence and papers of trade unionist Thomas Vincent Flynn; Tony Lane's research papers relating to Pilkington Glass; Minutes and papers from the Post Office Engineering Union.
- Badgering the Union. Martin, Paul K. // History Today;Jan94, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p9
Reflects on the creation of a new `super union' in June 1993 in England. Discussion of how Unison was created by an amalgamation of the three main public sector union. Historical information the union movement in England; `The Life of a Docker's MP,' by James Sexton; More.
- The Rise and Fall of the Israeli Labour Movement: Part One. Shaal, Gil // Contemporary Review;Feb2000, Vol. 276 Issue 1609, p64
Discusses issues which are of relevance to the rise and fall of the Israeli Labour Movement (ILM). Origins of the ILM; Accomplishments of the movement; Activities embraced by labour-sponsored co-operatives.
- CORRECTION: "Who were the Conscriptionists?". // Labour History;May1970, Issue 18, p60
A correction to the article "Who were the Conscriptionists?" published in a previous edition of the journal is presented.