Remember, They're Human Resources
- Build Bridges To Your Boss. // TeamWork;Apr2013, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p6
The article presents several suggestions from author of the book "Administrative Assistant," Shirley Tarbell on maintaining good relationship between employees and bosses by several measures including clarifying expectations, showing empathy toward boss and showing respect to boss position.
- Building Relationships Powered by Empathy. Fracaro, Kenneth E. // Contract Management;Aug2006, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p4
The article discusses the steps in establishing empathy with employees to build strong relationships. Listening rather than talking skills must be developed. An open mind must be maintained and open-ended queries should be asked. Patience, honesty, and reserved judgment are encouraged. A genuine...
- empathy: a potent management tool. Fracaro, Ken // Supervision;Mar2001, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the role of empathy as a potent management tool to develop industrial relations between employees and employer. Importance of communication within a group; Types of empathy; Steps on how to use empathy to hear the intended message, analyze it and respond to it.
- SOMEONE ELSE'S SHOES. // Industrial Engineer: IE;Sep2009, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p14
The article presents the views of Rebecca Schalm, HR columnist for Troy Media Corp., on employers' empathy for employees. Schalm says that economic recessions, which divide managers and employees, make it difficult for them to work together. According to the columnist, managers need to be...
- LISTEN AND EARN. MACKENZIE, IAIN // Accountancy;Apr2011, Vol. 147 Issue 1412, p49
The author points out that creating better business relationships can help accounting firms retain existing clients and grow their operation. Tips on how to actively listen to clients are provided, including making eye contact, asking questions and summarising key points that clients have made....
- Are You Listening? Engage your employees with elevated communication. Pignatelli, Ascanio // Personal Excellence Essentials;Nov2015, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p6
The article discusses the importance of effective listening in enhancing employee engagement in organizations. Topics mentioned include characteristics of disengaged listening, advice on how to become an engaged listener through acknowledging and validating feelings of other people, and...
- The secret engineer. // Engineer (00137758);Jan2016, Vol. 297 Issue 7871, p15
The article discusses the business impact of the workplace bully. Topics covered include the misconception that senior managers are bullies, the difficulty of dealing with bullies and the arrogance that must see the bullies' opinion as being paramount. Also mentioned is the tendency for some...
- Empathy: Putting yourself in another person's shoes. Donahue, Marilyn Cram // Current Health 2;Nov97, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p22
Discusses the term `Empathy,' the ability to share another persons feelings. What empathy involves; Advice offered. INSET: Getting to know you..
- How close are we, anyway? // America;6/3/1995, Vol. 172 Issue 20, p3
Editorial. Discusses the virtue of empathy. Likelihood that people would empathize with those who are similar to them in appearance and social circumstances; Inverse relation between the tightness of the community and value assigned to strangers; Debunking the notion that the Founding Fathers...