Videoconverencing Pays Off in Boondocks
- COMMUNICATING ALONG THE ALASKA PIPELINE. Rosen, Evan // Alaska Business Monthly;Oct2001, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p126
Reports on the use of videoconferencing technology by Alyeska Pipeline Service Co., the operator of the Alaska pipeline. Provision of a link between the firm's headquarters in Anchorage with business units; Management of emergencies and natural disasters; Reduction in the response time in the...
- Alyeska officials promise to correct problems with TAPS. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan94, Vol. 221 Issue 1, p1
Reports that Alyeska Pipeline Co. has vowed to correct several problems in its Trans-Alaska Pipeline System. Complaints from former employees; Comments from company officials.
- Audit uncovers Alyeska Pipeline problems. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov94, Vol. 221 Issue 11, p1
Reports on problems uncovered after an audit conducted by Arthur D. Little Inc. for Alyeska Pipeline Service Company. Lack of system maintenance; Operational problems.
- Alaska studies rust dumping. Acohido, Byron // Waste News;02/02/98, Vol. 3 Issue 38, p4
No abstract available.
- Alyeska reduces Alaskan pipeline flow. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Jan96, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p5
Discusses the shut down of pumping stations in 1996 by Alyeska Pipeline Service Company. Reason; Comments from Rob Shoaf, Alyeska spokesman; Closure of other pumping stations.
- Last 5 miles was tough gap to fill in the wilderness. Tanzillo, Kevin // Communications News;Aug94, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p10
Focuses on the communications network built by Alyeska Pipeline Co. in Alaska. Purpose of the network; Weak links in the network; Estimated costs and benefits of the network.
- Synthetic lubricants improve Alyeskan Pipeline equipment. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Oct94, Vol. 221 Issue 10, p68
Discusses the operations of the Alyeska Pipeline Company. Maintenance of pipeline system; Use of synthetic lubricants; Benefits of lubricants.
- Alyeska Pipeline Service Co. Begins 31st Year. Kane, Roger // Alaska Business Monthly;Feb2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p16
Features the business operation of Alyeska Pipeline Service Co. in Alaska. Goals of the company; Corporate achievement; Account on the number of corporate employees; Details on the delivery of oil through the trans-Alaska oil pipeline.
- BLACK GOLD and the Trans-Alaska Pipeline. Baxter, Roberta // Cobblestone;Apr2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p29
Highlights the formation of the Alyeska Pipeline Service Co. whose aim was to build and operate a pipeline that would carry the oil across Alaska.