- INDUSTRY NEWS. // MMR;9/20/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p1
The article offers business-related news briefs in the U.S. including the appointment of Jacob Modla as vice president at Family Dollar Stores Inc., opening of Kroger Co. Fry's Food Stores chain in Phoenix, and the introduction of customizable version of the online ad of Target Corp.
- Boosting Web sales top goal for chains in 2012. // SCTWeek;2/17/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p2
The article offers information on the survey conducted by the National Retail Federation, that reveals increase in the internet sales of the retail stores in the U.S.
- And Now, for the Main Event... Mullin, Tracy // Chain Store Age;Apr2001, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p32
Deals with Internet-based retail store companies in the United States. Integration of new economy innovations and old economy values; Influence of multichannel experience on consumers' shopping and buying behavior; Importance of a Web site to retail stores; Benefits of Internet marketing for...
- Search Functions, Close-Ups Help Sales the Most. // Chain Store Age;Apr2001, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p74
Reveals that the techniques used by Internet-based retail stores to enhance the shopping experience do nothing to improve sales, according to a study conducted in the United States. Use of search functions in Web shopping; Opinion on the use of close-up product views on the Internet.
- Experimental Web page proves serendipitous for Main Street retailer. Jones, Lara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/13/98, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the positive impact of Internet advertising on the sales performance of the shop called Edinburgh Castle in Salt Lake City, Utah. Decline in walk-in sales before the Internet advertising; Number of hits received by Edinburgh's Web site; Owner Eric Gilzean's decision to use a computer...
- Brands hurt on the Net. Thomas, Daniel // Computer Weekly;1/24/2002, p8
Reports the exploitation of retailer assets in the Internet in Great Britain.
- A STROLL IN THE CYBERMALL. Karlin, Beth // Retail Traffic;Aug2003, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the effects of Internet sales on retail real-estate. Pros and cons of Internet shopping.
- When saving money online can cost you. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Sep2013, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p3
The article looks at the the benefits of shopping at a local retailer, such as saving on shipping costs, easier product returns in the case of defective items, and stronger warranties.
- A Real Tiger Goes Shopping (Video). GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;1/14/2014, p1
An Internet video featuring a tiger strolling into a store is presented.