IN THE LOOP
- Surf's Up. // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/03/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 14, p9
Reports on developments concerning electronic commerce in the United States, as of April 3, 2000. Includes the trend towards affiliate merchandising partnerships between online retailers; Claim by Mightywords.com that it has a formerly classified document obtained from the Secretary of the...
- Words at Work. Serva, Sandy // EContent;Aug2001, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p60
Features MightyWords.com, an online information service provider. Background of the company; Information on its products; Remarks from its chief executive officer Chris MacAskill.
- Fatbrain.com Foresees Profits in 2002. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/19/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 25, p10
Focuses on the projections of Fatbrain.com for its year 2002 profits. Plans of the company to make MightyWords an independent company; Focus given by Fatbrain on its business-to-business market; Financial performance of Fatbrain for the first quarter of 2000.
- From Fatbrain to Mightywords. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;3/20/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 12, p9
Reports the formation of Mightywords, a separate division of Fatbrain.com dedicated to the publishing and retailing of electronic material. Goal and functions of the division; Benefits of the division to authors, publishers and consumers; Posted sales of Fatbrain for its fiscal year ended...
- MightyWords Turns To Next Page In E-Matter Publishing Evolution. // Book Publishing Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p6
Reports on the plan of digital publisher MightyWords to offer its titles through electronic commerce Web sites comprising the Mighty Network. Continuation of selling content on our destination site; Adobe.com, DevX, Fatbrain.com and Marketing Sherpa.com's signing onto the Mighty Network.
- Mighty Man. Mara, Janis // Adweek Eastern Edition;8/7/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 32, p14
Profiles Chris MacAskill, chief executive officer of electronic publisher Mighty Words. Company history; MacAskill's career background; Services offered; Business operations.
- News Briefs. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Feb2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p27
Presents news briefs related to Internet publishing as of February 1, 2002. Release of WebEvent Publish by WebEvent Inc.; Closure of electronic publisher MightyWords.
- MightyWords Slashes Self-Publishing Program. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;11/20/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 47, p10
Reports that MightyWords.com is reducing the number of self-published titles it will host on its site. Reason for limiting the book titles for sale; Comment from Judy Kirkpatrick, general manager of MightyWords, on the number of the company's book titles for sale.
- Mighty Words Adopts B2B Focus. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;12/18/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 51, p14
Reports on the decision of online publishing company MightyWords.com to refocus its business model to emphasize sales through affiliated Web sites as of December 18, 2000. Services provided under the strategy; Factors that led to the change in strategy.