- comments. HILL, SHARON; LULOFS, NEAL; HAMER, JOHN; MOHN, JOHN // Editor & Publisher;Nov2014, Vol. 147 Issue 11, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in previous issues including "A Sales Force to be Reckoned With" in the September 2014 issue, "Tundra Turnaround" in the October 2014 issue, and "Wowing Younger Readers" in the October 2014 issue.
- WHAT'S IT REALLY LIKE INSIDE: Harper Collins. // Marketing (00253650);7/28/2004, p95
This article provides information related to the publishing company Harper Collins. There are different types of people in publishing, but everyone has a passion for books, especially in the more literary marketing areas. The luxury of book marketing is that people are central to everything...
- Sheridan Books Names New Sales and Marketing Executive. // Book Publishing Report;12/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p7
Announces publishing company Sheridan Books Inc.'s appointment of Michael Seagram as vice president of sales and marketing.
- 'Revelations' of Return to Classroom. Adams, Herbert R. // Education Week;8/2/1989, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p30
This article presents the comments of the author on his decision to go back to schools as a teacher. For years, he worked in the textbook-publishing world of the United States as an editor, sales representative, marketing manager, vice president for development and eventually as president and...
- Paas & Effect. Danford, Natalie // Publishers Weekly;9/19/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 38, p24
The article offers information on various books related to dogs and its behavior that will be published in the U.S. Kristin Sevick, associate editor at Forge publishing , informs that the books that provide insight into the minds of man's cherished companions seem to sell the best. He published...
- NEW BLOOD. MacDonald, Scott // Quill & Quire;Dec2006, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p22
The article reports that infusing young talent has become a trend at Penguin Canada, a publisher. In recent months, many fresh faces have joined the company's team. This includes two junior publicists and a major makeover of company's sales and marketing team in which three of the account...
- EMAP restructures into four arms. // Marketing Week;11/18/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p12
Reveals the plan of British magazine publisher EMAP to appoint four marketing chiefs and increase its advertising budget. Reorganization of company into four networks; Networks' offering of combined consumer and business magazines, radio and Internet products.
- The Numbers Game. Riess, Jana // Publishers Weekly;3/14/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 11, p27
Focuses on the advantages of using the Nielsen BookScan and STATS tool in tracking the sales of religious books. Views of John Helmus, director of sales analysis and market planning for Wiley, on the benefits of BookScan for his work; Importance of the tools to publishers; Comparisons between...
- Appendix. // Chinese Economy;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p88
Describes the struggle of getting a book about the Chinese economy published. Completion of the manuscript at the end of August 1996; Major contributions of the book according to Shi Xiaomin, deputy secretary of the Chinese Economic System Reform Research Institute; Moral judgments and concerns...