'Disruptive elements'? The influence of the Communist Party in Nottingham and District Trades Council, 1929-1951
- Labor gets smart, the Howard way. Oakes, Laurie // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/30/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6202, p34
Reveals the Australian Labor Party's position on various issues. Includes the government's proposed business tax changes; Regulation introducing a three-year temporary visa for refugees arriving in the country; Political strategies employed by the party.
- Labor's lament. Trioli, Virginia // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/20/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6302, p33
Reports on the political stance of the Australian Labor Party (ALP). Details on the asylum-seekers stance of the political party; Comments on the political strategies of the party; Support base of ALP.
- Where Bush won. Schorr, Daniel // New Leader;6/29/92, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p4
Views the strong victory of Israel's Labor Party leader Yitzchak Rabin as good news for President George Bush. How Rabin's policy on the matter of West Bank settlements should speed United States loan guarantees for Israel; Additional benefit of Rabin's position on Middle East peace.
- Labor Class of '98. Johns, Gary // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Mar99, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the recruits to Australia's Labor Party as the result of the October 1998 election. Individuals who have returned; Person who replaces Mal Colston in the Senate; Remarkable membership change.
- Party reform, a work of faction. Rivers, Murray // BRW;7/25/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p82
Criticizes the Labor Party in Australia. Status of the Labor Party; Expectations of the party.
- A world of social justice. Forman, David; Way, Nicholas // BRW;03/03/97, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p42
Considers how social democratic parties worldwide are trying to decide where they stand in terms of the role of the state in free-market economics. Australian Labor Party; New Zealand Labor Party; British Labor Party; Discussion of the report `Social Justice: Strategies for National Renewal.'
- Lost souls. Wright, Tony // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/20/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6302, p28
Reports on the Australian Labor Party. Impact of resignations from the party; Fragmentation of the support base of the group; Political stance of Labor.
- The Public Sphere and Party Change: Explaining the Modernisation of the Australian Labor Party in the 1960s. Irving, Terry // Labour History Review;Summer2000, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p227
Discusses the modernization of the Australian Labor Party in the 1960s. Changing position of the labor movement in the public sphere; Capitalist media's exhibition of a greater openness to the Australian Labor Party; Criticism of Labor's traditional policy formation; Argument that the Labor...
- New party line. // America;3/27/1954, Vol. 90 Issue 26, p675
No abstract available.