'Three on the hook and three on the book': dock labourers and unemployment insurance between wars
- Labor Markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan2002, p12
Focuses on labor market conditions in the U.S. as of December 2001. Average monthly nonfarm employment change; Labor market indicators; Initial unemployment insurance claims across industries.
- Current Labor Statistics. // Monthly Labor Review;Nov75, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p93
Highlights statistical data concerning labor in the United States as of November 1975. Employment data from household survey; Unemployment insurance data; Price, productivity and labor-management data.
- Current Labor Statistics. // Monthly Labor Review;Nov82, Vol. 105 Issue 11, p57
Highlights labor statistics in the United States as of November 1982. Employment data from household survey; Unemployment insurance data; Price, productivity and compensation data.
- Profile of U.S. Farm Workers. // Congressional Digest;Jun2005, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p169
The article presents the characteristics of the agricultural labor force in the United States. In Fiscal Years 2001-2002, as in previous periods, the hired farm workforce was predominantly foreign-born. In 2001-2002, 53 percent of the hired crop labor force lacked authorization to work in the...
- Highlights of the Texas Labor Force. // Texas Labor Market Review;Apr2012, p10
The article highlights the labor force and market in Texas. It states that the unemployment rate in Texas recorded its lowest rate in 35 months 7%. It notes that the labor force added 68,300 individuals in March 2012 and that the estimated level of labor force in Texas was 12,532,100. It notes...
- Jobless Claims Slide 39,000 to 310,000. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p2
Reports that first-time applications for state unemployment benefits fell by 39,000 to 310,000 in the U.S. during the week ended July 3, 2004.
- Explanatory Notes and Estimates of Error. // Employment & Earnings;Jul2004, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p185
Presents the results of a survey on employment status in the United States. Hours of work; Earnings; Employment covered by State unemployment insurance programs; Employment-population ratio; Labor force; Ratio estimation.
- Explanatory Notes and Estimates of Error. // Employment & Earnings;Aug2004, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p164
Presents the results of a survey on employment status in the United States. Multiple jobholding; Unpaid absences from jobs; Hours of work; Unemployment insurance; Employment covered by State unemployment insurance programs; Reasons for unemployment; Noncomparability of labor force levels.
- EMPLOYMENT, UNEMPLOYMENT, AND WAGES. // Economic Indicators;Oct2003, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p11
Presents statistical data on employment, unemployment, and wages in the U. S., as of October 2003. Status of the labor force; Selected unemployment rate; Measures of unemployment and unemployment insurance programs; Condition of non-agricultural employment; Average weekly hours, hourly...