Labour representation in Woolwich
- The Re-Organization of the British Labor Party. Webb, Sidney // New Republic;12/8/17, Vol. 13 Issue 162, p149
Comments on the reorganization of the British Labor Party in Great Britain. Preparation of the n Liberal and the Unionist parties to reorganize their electoral forces; Formulation of a scheme for its own reorganization by the Labor party; Accounts on the formation of the British Labor party.
- Des Wilson's campaign 97. Wilson, Des // New Statesman;2/7/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4320, p13
Focuses on the campaign strategies of Labour, Conservative and Liberal Democratic parties in Great Britain for the 1997 general elections. Taxation; Issue on the National Health Service; Economic agenda. INSET: Campaign strategies scorecard..
- They think it's all over. Collins, Phil // Public Finance;4/29/2005, p4
Comments on the situation of the general election campaign in Great Britain. Emphasis of the Conservative party's campaign on immigration and asylum; Similarity of the policies on public services between the candidates; Implementation by the Conservatives of a strict upper limit on the number of...
- The history of the Labour Party. Koerner, Steve // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter94, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p11
The article presents information on the British Labour Party. After four consecutive electoral defeats, this is as good a time as any for a reappraisal not only of the history of the Labour Party, but the entire democratic left. This belief was reflected in the thirteen papers delivered at this...
- British and American Labor. // New Republic;2/16/18, Vol. 14 Issue 172, p69
Comments on the reorganization of the British Labor Party. British radicals' skepticism on the attempt to ameliorate the condition of labor by the use of political agencies; Failure of the Labor Party to accomplish much as a result of union representation in Parliament; Impact of the war on the...
- Parties in Britain Begin to Look Different. Healey, Denis // New Republic;11/14/55, Vol. 133 Issue 20, p4
The article focuses on the political conditions in Great Britain. The conservative's Autumn Budget has transformed the political atmosphere in Great Britain. Much more important than all its economic consequences is that it has revived the fighting spirit of the Labour Party, and helped to solve...
- Britain's Laborites Try Out Envy as a Political Weapon. // Saturday Evening Post;11/10/1956, Vol. 229 Issue 19, p10
Comments on the political strategies being applied by the Labor Party in Great Britain in 1956. Political challenges facing the party; Issues raised in a series of social policy proposals of the party.
- New Labour odyssey. Simon, Siôn // Prospect;Oct2006, Issue 127, p22
The article traces a Member of Parliament's journey under the banner of the Labor Party in Great Britain from March 30, 1976 to 2006. It asserts that New Labor is not a kind of middle-class, conspiracy and aberration, but it is a move away from left-liberal and political assumptions of Hampstead...
- New Perspectives on the History of the Labour Party 1918-45. Obelkevich, Jim // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Autumn83, Issue 47, p11
The article presents highlights of the British labor history and labor party topics discussed during the workshop held at the Warwick University in England on June 17, 1983. The decline of the Labour Party is calling into question its past as well as its future. The growth of the party, though...