MyPalm Shuts Down PIM, Not E-Mail
- A LOOK AT… Elementary Resources. Doe, Charles // MultiMedia & Internet@Schools;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p31
The article features several products, software and web sites to help elementary school teachers, including the Memorex TravelDrive USB flash drive, the Z22 Organizer from Palm Inc., and the Puzzlemaker web site from Discovery Education.
- Palm PDA Swaps Storage for Wi-Fi. Rebbapragada, Narasu // PCWorld;Jan2006, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p51
Evaluates the TX personal digital assistant from Palm. Key features; Advantages and disadvantages; Cost.
- PIM functions threaten Palm hold on PDA market. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;8/27/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p3
Reports on the challenge faced by Palm Inc. from the personal information manager (PIM) wireless device market in the United States. Overview of the PIM technology; Information on Microsoft's Mobile Information Server; Forecast on the sales of iPaq personal digital assistant from Compaq...
- Palm's Power Lineup. Arar, Yardena; McDonald, Anne B. // PC World;Nov2003, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p78
Introduces three personal digital assistants (PDAs) from Palm Inc. Tungsten E; Tungsten T3; Zire 21; Features of the PDAs; Price; Description of the designs of the PDAs; Enhancements of the models from previous PDAs.
- PDAs. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;2006, p134
The article presents information related to computer PDAs. PDAs can store thousands of phone numbers, appointments, tasks, and notes. All models can exchange, or synchronize, information with a full-sized computer with PIM (personal information management) software. Most PDAs can be made to work...
- Three for the Road. Hamilton, Anita // Time;3/17/2003, Vol. 161 Issue 11, p86
Presents product reviews of personal digital assistants (PDAs). Reasons why PDA sales have decreased; Products reviewed include the Sony Clie NZ90, the Palm Tungsten W, and the Sony Ericsson P800; Functions and uses of each product.
- Looking for a PIM for all reasons. Machrone, Bill // PC Week;8/21/95, Vol. 12 Issue 33, p61
Opinion. Focuses on the use of personal information managers (PIMs). Complex programs that demand devotion and study; Dissatisfaction of users with PIM products; Publication of a manifesto by the NYPC PIM Power Users.
- Privacy Provisions. // Business NH Magazine;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the establishment of limitations on the use of personal identity information by policy makers in New Hampshire. Restrictions on the display of social security numbers; Effort to mitigate the increasing incidence of identity theft; Prohibition of storing personal information on a...
- The Licencing of Our Personal Information: Is It a Solution to Internet Privacy? Basho, Kalinda // California Law Review;Oct2000, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p1507
Proposes the use of an online licensing system based on the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act (UCITA) to protect online privacy in the United States. Commercial and individual interests on online personal information; Effectiveness of privacy protection systems; Analysis of the...