To Tell The Truth
- IEEE welcomes the adoption of new EU regulation on European Standardization. // Telecom Standards;Nov2012, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p2
The article reports that Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers has accepted the formal ratification in the framework to reference information and communications technology by European Union.
- Standards clear up giga-confusion. Kish, Paul // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Oct98, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p164
Discusses the standard for category or level of cabling required to support gigabit data rates over copper wire introduced by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). Objectives of the IEEE 802.3 committee; Request of IEEE 802.3 committee to the Telecommunications Industry...
- Why install Category 6 instead of Category 5E? Niemiera, Greg // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jan2001, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p10
Discusses the benefits of moving from the Category 5E to Category 6 standard of the Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers in cable installations in the United States. Doubling of the bandwidth of Category 5 from 100 megahertz to 200 megahertz in relation to power sum attenuation to...
- 802.11g garners technical approval. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p10
Reports on the technical approval of 802.11g granted by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc. on a standard expected to provide data throughput in an unlicensed spectrum band. Significance of the approval to the telecommunication industry of the United States; Brief...
- ITU-T & IEEE. // Telecom Standards;Oct2013, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p1
The article mentions the ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T), a sector of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) which coordinates standards for telecommunications, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and optical systems for fibre access networks.
- New signal processing algorithms and chips score big at ICASSP. Bursky, Dave // Electronic Design;03/08/99, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p46
Previews the 1999 International Electrical & Electronic Engineering International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing on March 15-19 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Phoenix, Arizona. Emphasis on the application of signal-processing technology; Lists of topical tracks and...
- Innovative communications applications abound at CICC. Goldberg, Lee // Electronic Design;5/1/95, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p89
Reports on the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers' (IEEE) 1995 Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC). Developments related to communications technology; Industrial applications of military communications technologies; Factors affecting the industry; Papers presented during...
- Will satcom/lasers launch? // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul96, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p22
Reports that the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers United States Activities is urging the government to conduct flight demonstrations to establish the viability of laser communications via satellite.
- WiFi Vote Stalled. // Wireless Week;05/21/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p4
Reports that the 802.11 task group G of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, adjourned its meeting in May 2001 without a conclusion on the issue of whether to put more data speed into the IEEE 802.11b standard.