Cingular, Theaters Promote Courtesy
- Clips. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/27/2001, Vol. 371 Issue 2, p4
Reports developments in the film industry in the U.S. as of January 2001. Launch of a nationwide cell phone deterrence campaign by Loews Theatres and Cingular Wireless; Details on the Friars Foundation Club Comedy Marathon; Recipient of the Academy Film Scholarship.
- Loew's plans return engagement in White Plains. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;03/10/97, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p28
Reports on Loews Theatres' construction of a multiplex facility in White Plains, New York, in preparation of its return in the area. Location of the multiplex; Dispute over Loews' site plans; Key features of the multiplex.
- Loews Theatres and Cineplex Odeon outline terms of merger. // Westchester County Business Journal;02/23/98, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the merger between Loews Theatres Exhibition Group and Cineplex Odeon Corp. Mailing of registration statements and meeting with shareholders; Operation of the new company by a management team.
- Loews Cineplex screening `lackluster' quarterly show. Doman, Matthew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;05/09/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 49, p81
Reports on the financial performance of Loews Cineplex Entertainment Corp. in its fourth quarter ended February 29, 2000. Widening of losses; Decline in box office and concession stand revenues; Higher operational costs; Compliance with market expectations; Comparison with year-ago figures.
- Clearer view of Loews Cineplex sales expected. Peers, Martin; Hindes, Andrew // Variety;08/24/98, Vol. 372 Issue 2, p5
Reports that Loews Cineplex Entertainment is closed to a decision to sell its theaters in New York City, New York and Chicago, Illinois. Price range of the bids for the theaters; Implications of the merger of Loews with Sony's Loews Theaters and Cineplex Odeon; Information on the New York City...
- Loews screens dim outlook. Doman, Matthew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;08/29/2000, Vol. 364 Issue 28, p76
Reports on the substantial decline in the second-quarter earnings of exhibitor firm Loews Cineplex Entertainment Corp. during fiscal year 2000. Expectation for the company to default on investors' loan conditions; Loews' plans to seek additional equity investors; Similar experiences of other...
- LOEWS CINEPLEX SCORES WITH IMAGINATIVE INCENTIVES. Fuchs, Andreas // Film Journal International;Apr2002, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p12
Discusses the marketing strategies of Loews Cineplex theaters, as of April 2002. Details on its promotional strategies such as free film screening; Involvement of the business in charitable causes; Views of John McCauley, vice-president of marketing, on its theater incentives.
- COMING SOON: PLAN B. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;05/22/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 59, p4
Focuses on the reorganization plans of Loews Cineplex in Los Angeles, California. Request of unsecured creditors to a bankruptcy court judge; Shareholders of the theater chain; Terms of the initiative.
- Loews draws up deal plan. Diorio, Carl // Daily Variety;11/13/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the filing of a detailed proposal by Loews Cineplex to sell the United States' number two movie circuit to a group led by Onex and Oaktree Capital. Features of the deal; Expectation of a court hearing to obtain a bankruptcy judge's approval of the disclosure statement; Best-case...