CTIA Site Offers Research Reports
- CTIA Web site goes wireless. // RCR Wireless News;12/18/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p5
The article reports that CTIA unveiled a version of its Web site designed for mobile phones. The site was built by mobile content company Lift Mobile. The site is accessible through cell phones and smart phones via the address www.ctia.org. Lift Mobile's service is helping CTIA meet the growing...
- Ideas Abound AT WirelessAgenda. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p20
Previews the WirelessAgenda conference sponsored by the CTIA which will be held on May 15, 2001 in Dallas, Texas. Expected attendance to the conference; Speakers at the conference; Issues related to the wireless industry which will be discussed in the conference.
- Super Mobility 2015 Not Forgetting Retail. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/7/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p9
The article offers information on the CTIA-The Wireless Association's Super Mobility 2015 trade show to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 9-11.
- CTIA Launches KnowMyApp Website to Help Consumers. Eddy, Nathan // eWeek;12/27/2013, p2
The article announces the launch of wireless telecommunications industry trade group CTIA's KnowMyapp.org website which informs consumers how much data their favorite applications are using.
- Wheeler: Times Require Path Of Patience. Purcell, Judith Lockwood // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p10
Discusses the outlook of CTIA President and Chief Executive Officer Tom Wheeler on the market and technology conditions in wireless telecommunication industry as of September 17, 2001. Data Speed on wireless networks; Lobbying campaign for spectrum for data services; Book written by Wheeler.
- How to Answer When They Ask About Cancer. Kridel, Tim; Rockhold, John // Wireless Review;07/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p8
Reports on concerns on the cancer promoting effects of the electromagnetic radio signals emitted by wireless phones. Position of the CTIA on the cancer issues of wireless phones; Public awareness efforts made by CTIA regarding the safety of wireless phones; Renewed research commitment of CTIA on...
- Wireless Usage Skyrockets, Bills Inch Up. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;11/01/99, Vol. 5 Issue 44, p12
Focuses on the `Semi-Annual Wireless Industry Survey' of CTIA. Average monthly bills of consumers using wireless phones; Comments by CTIA President and Chief Executive Officer Tom Wheeler; Number of additional subscribers who signed up between June 1998 and June 1999; Percentage of the...
- Marriage of Convenience. Kridel, Tim // Wireless Review;12/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p57
Presents information on wireless data. Wireless-friendly CE operating system from Microsoft Corp.; Plans of the Wireless Data Forum of CTIA to launch a national advertising campaign to educate companies and information technology buyers about wireless data; CDPD-ready laptops from Panasonic;...
- Global LBS Challenge Offers Bigger Prizes. // GPS World;Nov2006, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p22
The article reports on the launch of NAVTEQ Corp. on its Global LBS Challenge at CTIA Wireless IT and Entertainment in Los Angeles, California. The competition requires application developers to create innovative local-based services, which work with mobile phones through dynamic positioning...