mFormation Secures Wireless Data Remotely
- mFormation aims to take data-tracking service beyond
enterprise. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;5/3/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p18
Reveals the plans of Mformation Technologies Inc. to break into the wireless carrier market. Comment from Upal Basu, mFormation's co-founder and vice president for marketing; Background on mFormation; Amount of venture funding collected by the company for its entrance to the wireless carrier...
- Management Material. Ankeny, Jason // Wireless Review;Jul2004, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p22
Focuses on the Service Management software for wireless system launched by mFormation. Advantages of the service for wireless companies according to CEO Mark Edwards; Remarks from vice president of marketing Upal Basu on developing a wireless data; Details of the repairing applications on...
- Carriers eye SIM cards to combat cellular fraud. Vittore, Vince // America's Network;3/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p40
Reports on the use of subscriber identity module (SIM) by personal communication services (PCS) providers to minimize cellular fraud. Features of the SIMs; Commitment of GO Communications to the SIM card concept; Use of the SIMs with DCS1900; Concerns regarding the American market's air...
- Risk assessment. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;08/11/97, Vol. 233 Issue 6, p6
Warns wireless users about the security and privacy risks posed by different modes of wireless transmission. Evaluation of wireless systems by the US National Institute of Science and Technology and the National Security Agency; Study establishing models of potential threats; Security...
- Running out of MINs. Crowe, David // Wireless Review;06/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p74
Discusses the importance of the mobile identification number (MIN) in the wireless communications systems industry. Major wireless technology that do not use the MIN identifier; Reason behind the shortage of MIN codes; Potential sources of MIN codes.
- In transport. // Electronic News (10616624);11/15/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1989, p4
Reports on the International Electrical & Electronic Engineering (IEEE) 802.11 committee's approval of a draft protocol for the media access control (MAC) layer for wireless transmission. Joint proposal by NCR, Symbol Technologies and Xircom; Introduction of silicon development.
- The Keys to Wireless Security. Crenshaw, Scott // Wireless Design & Development;Oct2000, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p13
Explains security systems and applications with potential applications for wireless communication. Description of a security system that requires frequent exchanges of public keys; Implementation of a cryptosystems based on factorization and discrete logarithm.
- TECHNOLOGY REVIEW. Samson, Steve // Wireless Design & Development;Oct2000, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p28
Explains strategies for establishing a secure commerce and information infrastructure for the wireless Internet. Importance of recognizing the bandwidth limitations of wireless Internet; Range of security options offered by standards such as the Wireless Identification Module (WIM).
- Securing Wireless Networks Outside the Boardroom. Ghai, Bill // San Diego Business Journal;2/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p23
Focuses on the management and planning of wireless networks outside the boardroom. Security measures for wireless networks; Lists of security measures for wireless networks; Advantage of security measures in corporate networks.