AT&T Challenges Competition With SMS
- INPHOMATECH DELIVERS 3-QUARTERS OF A BILLION TEXT MESSAGES. // Tele-Service News;Oct2002, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the number of text messages delivered by InphoMatch Inc., a provider of inter-carrier messaging solutions for global wireless telecommunications operators, since November 2001.
- U.S. WIRELESS MARKET PRIMED FOR MULTIMEDIA MESSAGING. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;8/18/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 15, p14
Focuses on the introduction of the short text messages by several telecommunication carriers in the U.S. Success in promotion of wireless handsets; Launch of services by AT&T Wireless Services Inc.; Consideration of carrier preparation, handset availability and pricing.
- Text messaging appears to be success story, but no one's talking. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;7/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p19
Reports on the growth of text messaging industry in the United States. Expectations on the text messaging; Text message volume managed by Verizon Wireless daily; Dominance of AT & T Wireless in the industry.
- AWS hikes NFL text-message promo. // RCR Wireless News;11/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p12
Reports on the TEXTDown promotion of AT&T Wireless and Motorola Inc. for the National Football League in the U.S. Prize for the promotion; Eligibility for the promotion.
- At&T Wireless launches 411 text messaging service. // RCR Wireless News;5/12/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p20
Reports that AT&T Wireless Services Inc. has introduced its TXT-411 text messaging-based directory assistant service. Information on how the service works; Charge for the service.
- AT&T Links With Yahoo. // Wireless Week;10/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p18
Reports that AT& T Wireless Inc. is offering Yahoo! Messenger instant messaging program to mMode users and customers with two-way text messaging capable phones. Features of Yahoo! Messenger; Way in which the service give customers access to Yahoo! Messenger; Number of instant messages that were...
- AT&T joins with Kellogg, McDonalds. // Food Processing (00156523);Jul2004, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p12
Reports that the firm AT&T Wireless Services Inc. is working with McDonald's Corp. and Kellogg Co. to launch separate promotions to spread the popularity of text messaging. Kellogg's sweepstakes promotion; Olympics-related trivia game by McDonald's.
- AT&T Wireless move gives SMS legs in U.S. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p4
Reports on the decision of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to push through with its plan to offer SMS to the United States market to allow customers to send messages to any SMS-capable handset. Cost of the service per message sent; Move of Verizon Wireless as a result of AT&T's decision.
- U.S. CARRIERS REALIZING THE VALUE OF SMS. // Telephony;4/8/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 14, p13
Reports on the trend in short message services (SMS) offered by telecommunication companies in the U.S. as of April 2002. Plan of Verizon Wireless to launch inter-carrier SMS; Volume of the messaging service of AT&T Wireless Services; Information on the text messaging service of Leap Wireless.