Consolidation Could Stall Next-Gen Services
- SyncML Initiative consolidates with OMA. // RCR Wireless News;6/24/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p17
Reports on the consolidation of the SyncML Initiative with the formed Open Mobile Alliance, a group created to act as an umbrella standards organization for the various aspects of the wireless data industry.
- De-merger mania. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;09/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p9
Discusses merger and de-merger mania in the United States wireless telecommunication industry. Prediction from Karen Stephenson, a professor at University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA)'s school of management.
- Buy Vs. Build. Reeves, Betsy; Diegel, Steven // Wireless Review;03/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p8
Discusses acquisitions in the wireless communication industry. Significance of Lucent's acquisition of Ascent; Activity of Ericsson's data networking business unit; Implications of Nortel Networks' purchase of Broadband Networks.
- Foreign influence. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR Wireless News;2/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p12
Comments on mergers and acquisitions in the wireless industry. Merger activities in Germany; Condition of U.S. carriers that are owned by foreign companies; Information on the 3GSM World Congress in Cannes, France.
- Death, Taxes And Mergers? Smith, Hilary; Beckman, Kristen // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on merger deals among wireless communication companies. Includes the merger speculation between Deutsche Telekom AG and Qwest Communications International Inc.; Negotiations of a possible merger between SBC Communications Inc. and BellSouth Corp.; Implications of the merger trend on the...
- Second-quarter merger and acquisition activity. // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p34
Presents a chart depicting the second-quarter merger and acquisition activities in the wireless communications industry as of July 2000. List of buyers, sellers and unit sold; Aim of the merger; Information on the date of announcement, amount and closure of the deal.
- Wireless mergers could bolster service offerings. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;04/10/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p91
Focuses on the potential impact of mergers in the wireless communications market on service offerings in the United States. Merger of Bell Atlantic Mobile and Vodafone Airtouch's wireless assets; SBC Communications' plans of merging its wireless business with that of BellSouth.
- Wireless merger mania: Are we done yet? Nighswander, Peter // RCR;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on developments related to mergers in the wireless communication industry in the United States as of February 1, 1999. Market consolidation events in the year 1998; Market consolidation's impact on consumers; Factors affecting the market.
- West Side company becomes big wireless player. Baker, M. Sharon // Journal of Business (10756124);02/22/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, pA17
Reports the acquisition of ROI Systems Inc. by WaveLink Corp., a wireless application company based in Kirkland, Washington. Advantage of the acquisition to the market lead of WaveLink; Services offered by WaveLink; Explanation on the unpopular image of the company to the wireless industry.