WISPS Running Out Of Time
- Lucky Charms Needed For Wireless? Albright, Peggy; Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p3
Focuses on OmniSky wireless data service. Marketing campaign for the service; Costs of the service; Accesses.
- OmniSky advances initiatives. // RCR Wireless News;2/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p27
Highlights the initiatives announced by wireless electronic mail and Internet services provider OmniSky Corp. at the Internet World Wireless and FlashForward2001 conferences held in February 2001.
- 3G delays good for some. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;8/27/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p18
Reports the business performance of internet service providers GoAmerica and OmniSky in the U.S. Improvement of wireless technology; Profit increase of service providers; Impact of wireless services on customers.
- Wireless portal space unsettled. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;12/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p2
Reports on the closure of independent United States wireless Internet providers OmniSky Corp. and YadaYada Inc. in 2001. Plan of OmniSky for prepackaged bankruptcy filing; Services offered by YadaYada; Key factors for the profitability of Internet service providers.
- Internet content opens up to wireless. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;05/15/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 20, p144
Focuses on the wireless service offered by OmniSky that gives users access to content sites through Aether Systems' ScoutWeb software. Capabilities of the software; Limitation of OmniSky in offering the service; Information on IBM's WebSphere Transcoding Publisher.
- The (Omni) Sky Is The Limit. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p33
Provides information on the wireless data service through handheld computers offered by OmniSky. Information offered through the service; Challenges faced by OmniSky.
- Microsoft Nibbles On Wireless Internet. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 43, p26
Reports on the iteration of Microsoft Corporation's MSN Mobile portal services and its deal with OmniSky Corp. to provide wireless Internet service through its Pocket PC platform. Features of the MSN Mobile service; Factor that makes up for the popularity of the service; Implication of the deal;...
- OmniSky service now on two new devices. // RCR Wireless News;3/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p36
Discloses OmniSky's plan to run its wireless service on two devices and enhance support for corporate e-mail.
- Telesp begins WAP services. // RCR;07/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p36
Focuses on Brazil-based wireless carrier Telesp Cellular's introduction of Internet access services based on the Wireless Application Protocol.