OCLC Acquires Assets Of Failing NetLibrary For $10 Million
- OCLC OFFERS TO PURCHASE ASSETS OF NETLIBRARY. // Online Libraries & Microcomputers;Dec2001, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the plan of Online Computer Library Center to acquire the assets of netLibrary. Value of the deal; Reaction of the library community to the possible acquisition; Problems concerned in the sale of netLibrary.
- OCLC snaps up eBook. Jezzard, Helen // Information World Review;Feb2002, Issue 177, p3
Reports on the acquisition of the assets of NetLibrary by the Online Computer Library Centre. Terms of the deal; Information on how NetLibrary's business helped the center's financial problems.
- OCLC Offers to Purchase netLibrary's Assets. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Dec2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p1
Reports that OCLC has made an offer to purchase assets of netLibrary and assume certain liabilities. How netLibrary filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection; Transaction which involves a loan from OCLC to fund netLibrary's ongoing operations through the transition period.
- netLibrary Purchase Approved. // Publishers Weekly;1/21/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the approval of the United States Bankruptcy Court of the District of Colorado on the sale of the assets of netLibrary to Online Computer Library Center. Estimated value of the assets; Operations of the business units following the completion of the deal.
- OCLC Offers to Buy NetLibrary. // American Libraries;Jan2002, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p34
Discusses the offer to purchase the assets of electronic book distributor NetLibrary by OCLC. Details of the offer; Bankruptcy filing of NetLibrary; How the purchase will benefit OCLC; Need for an approval by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado.
- OCLC Makes Offer to Purchase netLibrary. // Computers in Libraries;Jan2002, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p63
Reports that OCLC has made an offer to purchase all the assets of netLibrary and assume certain liabilities of the company. How netLibrary filed for bankruptcy; Details of the company.
- OCLC Purchase of netLibrary Assets Finalized. // Computers in Libraries;Mar2002, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the sale of netLibrary assets to Online Computer Library Center. Grant of approval by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado; Outlook for netLibrary operations; Inclusion of the eBook and MetaText divisions in the sale.
- OCLC Completes netLibrary Acquisition, Raises eBook Fees. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p17
Reports that OCLC has completed its acquisition of netLibrary. Role of netLibrary's eBooks Division and the MetaText eTextbook Division for OCLC; Thoughts of Jay Jordan, OCLC president and chief executive officer (CEO); Mention of OCLC's core service areas of cataloging, resource sharing,...
- OCLC: A Global Presence. Lichtenberg, James // Publishers Weekly;1/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p137
Reports on the acquisition of netLibrary by Online Computer Library Center Inc. (OCLC). Background on OCLC; Implication of the deal for OCLC; Information on the cataloging services offered by OCLC.