OCLC Acquires Assets Of Failing NetLibrary For $10 Million
- OCLC OFFERS TO PURCHASE ASSETS OF NETLIBRARY. // Online Libraries & Microcomputers;Dec2001, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the plan of Online Computer Library Center to acquire the assets of netLibrary. Value of the deal; Reaction of the library community to the possible acquisition; Problems concerned in the sale of netLibrary.
- OCLC snaps up eBook. Jezzard, Helen // Information World Review;Feb2002, Issue 177, p3
Reports on the acquisition of the assets of NetLibrary by the Online Computer Library Centre. Terms of the deal; Information on how NetLibrary's business helped the center's financial problems.
- OCLC Offers to Buy NetLibrary. // American Libraries;Jan2002, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p34
Discusses the offer to purchase the assets of electronic book distributor NetLibrary by OCLC. Details of the offer; Bankruptcy filing of NetLibrary; How the purchase will benefit OCLC; Need for an approval by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado.
- OCLC Purchase of netLibrary Assets Finalized. // Computers in Libraries;Mar2002, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the sale of netLibrary assets to Online Computer Library Center. Grant of approval by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado; Outlook for netLibrary operations; Inclusion of the eBook and MetaText divisions in the sale.
- OCLC Offers to Purchase netLibrary's Assets. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Dec2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p1
Reports that OCLC has made an offer to purchase assets of netLibrary and assume certain liabilities. How netLibrary filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection; Transaction which involves a loan from OCLC to fund netLibrary's ongoing operations through the transition period.
- OCLC: A Global Presence. Lichtenberg, James // Publishers Weekly;1/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p137
Reports on the acquisition of netLibrary by Online Computer Library Center Inc. (OCLC). Background on OCLC; Implication of the deal for OCLC; Information on the cataloging services offered by OCLC.
- OCLC Completes netLibrary Acquisition, Raises eBook Fees. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p17
Reports that OCLC has completed its acquisition of netLibrary. Role of netLibrary's eBooks Division and the MetaText eTextbook Division for OCLC; Thoughts of Jay Jordan, OCLC president and chief executive officer (CEO); Mention of OCLC's core service areas of cataloging, resource sharing,...
- OCLC Makes Offer to Purchase netLibrary. // Computers in Libraries;Jan2002, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p63
Reports that OCLC has made an offer to purchase all the assets of netLibrary and assume certain liabilities of the company. How netLibrary filed for bankruptcy; Details of the company.
- OCLC Purchases netLibrary. Rogers, Michael; Oder, Norman; Albanese, Andrew; Bryant, Eric // Library Journal;12/1/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 20, p15
Reports that the OCLC has acquired netLibrary, which provides electronic books. Financial problems of netLibrary, including bounced checks; Escrow agreement between netLibrary and OCLC to distribute CD-ROM copies of e-books to some libraries.