California Promotes Wireless Research
- Science and the Entrepreneurial University. Atkinson, Richard C.; Pelfrey, Patricia A. // Issues in Science & Technology;Summer2010, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p39
The article offers the author's insights on the role of research universities in the economy of the U.S. The author mentions that four broad developments influenced the role played by the research universities including the federal policy for the role of science during the post-World War II...
- Wall-to-Wall Interactive Web: Is It Not Far Away? Preimesberger, Chris // eWeek;5/ 3/2013, p5
The article focuses on the presentation offered by California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology (Calit2) founding director Larry Smarr regarding the future of the Internet conducted at the Stanford University campus. It says that a slide which depict a 64-megapixel wall...
- Conference Features Cal IT Successs. // San Diego Business Journal;9/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p11
Focuses on the plan of the California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology at University of California South Dakota to showcase its research at an all-day conference and open house.
- UCSD to Rename CALIT2 Institute after Qualcomm. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;3/22/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p14
The article informs that the California Insitute for Telecommunications and Information Technology or Calit2 is renamed by University of California (UC) San Diego to The Qualcomm Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology, the UC San Diego Division of Calit2 or The Qualcomm...
- A virtual CAVE. // Physics Today;Nov2009, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p96
The article highlights the StarCAVE, an interactive virtual reality-reality (VR) room at the California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology at the University of California in San Diego. It mentions that the VR room projects structure of protein RNA polymerase II on the...
- Growing good soil. Poncavage, J. // Organic Gardening (08973792);Dec89, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p42
Based on a five-year study at the Rodale Research Center in Maxatawny, Pa., discusses the cover crops that work best in a garden rotation. Includes growing tips, five-year rotation plan, and sources. INSET: Setting up a rotation..
- Machine tools. Gaskie, M. // Architectural Record;Oct1989, Vol. 177 Issue 12, p122
Describes the latest project by the IKOY Partnership, the William Davis Computer Research Center at the University of Waterloo, in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Design details.
- Plenty to celebrate. // Business News New Jersey;4/07/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the 10th anniversary the David Sarnoff Research Center in Princeton, New Jersey as a client-supported research and development facility. Adoption of a new high definition television standard; Unveiling of a new name and new corporate logo.
- A license to speak. MacLaury, Bruce k. // Brookings Review;Fall95, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p3
Opinion. Focuses on Brookings Institution as a think tank. Challenge to adapt to changing circumstances of public discourse without losing the core values that have defined its mission; Characterization of Brookings' researchers; Requirements for Brookings' researchers; Pursuance of research...