Alleged Fraudster Fleeces Flock
- Medicare fraud case settled for $30 million. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p5
Reports that the Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania (CPUP) has settle a Medicare fraud investigation. How investigation was settled; Settlement agreement; What Federal audit found; Comment by Michael R. Stiles, United States Attorney for Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- The case of the bouncing payroll checks. McConnel Jr., Donald K.; Thompson, Courtenay // Internal Auditor;Apr96, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p69
Presents a fraud case regarding bouncing payroll checks. Investigation process; Findings by internal auditors.
- Providers laud, HHS fights latest Hanlester case ruling over definition of kickbacks. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;5/1/95, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p24
Reports that federal prosecutions of alleged provider kickback schemes may be hindered by the federal appeals court decision in the Hanlester, California clinical laboratories case. Plans of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to ask the court to reconsider the ruling; Definition...
- Salomonic justice. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;7/18/94, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p30
Reports on the penalty imposed on Salomon Brothers Inc. trader Paul Mozer for his part in the Treasury bond auction scandal of 1991. Age; Number of months already served in jail on criminal charges related to the affair; Permanent ban from the securities company..
- Ex-mortgage broker guilty of mail fraud. // American Banker;10/21/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 202, p11
Informs that Loan Depot's former owner has been found guilty by Attorney A. John Papalardo of mail fraud. Charges; Loan Depot Service Corp.'s fraudulent services.
- Supreme Court redefines auditors' liability. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Jun94, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the implications of the Supreme Court's decision to preclude lawsuits by shareholders against auditors and other outside consultants for aiding and abetting securities fraud. Details of the Supreme Court's ruling on the case `First Interstate Bank of Denver vs. Central Bank of...
- Pension fraud indictments. // Business Insurance;1/16/95, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p54
Reports on the indictment of two men involved in an alleged federal wire fraud committed against the Chicago Housing Authority.
- An Arkansas banker. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;5/5/95, Vol. 87 Issue 112, p2
Reports the confessions of an Arkansas banker charged for hiding cash from President Bill Clinton's 1990 gubernatorial campaign.
- Legal notes. // Secured Lender;May/Jun96, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p66
Reports on court decisions on several commercial fraud cases in the United States. Includes a case on the recovery of loan commitment fees as fraudulent transfer; Case on actual or constructive fraudulent conveyance; Case on a borrower's fraud claim against a lender.