- Hutchison launches CDMA cellular network. // Telecom Asia;Nov95, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p18
Reports that Hutchison Telephone has become the first mobile operator in the world to provide a commercial service that uses code division multiple access (CDMA) digital cellular technology. Manufacture and installation of the network by Motorola; Cost of the network; Introduction of a...
- Hutchison spend tops Â£1m before '3' phones arrive. // Marketing (00253650);3/6/2003, p3
Reports that Hutchison Telecom Ltd. has invested multimillion pounds in the advertising campaign to promote its 3G mobile brand.
- Verizon beats Sprint PCS to 1XRTT. Carroll, Kelly // Wireless Review;Feb2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the commercial launching of the 1XRTT, a third generation telecommunication technology in the U.S. markets developed by Verizon Wireless. Advantage of 1XRTT over other telecommunication standards; Competition of the company with Sprint PCS.
- Sprint PCS takes aim at business segment. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p29
Reports that Sprint PCS is targeting business users in the United States. Strengthening of growth and average revenue per user numbers; Competition strategies of the company.
- Sprint PCS launches in Madison. // RCR;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p14
Announces the launch of Sprint PCS' telecommunication service in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Affiliates Pulling Out Of Clear Pay Problems. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;5/6/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the benefits of being associated with the U.S. carrier, Sprint PCS. Benefits of Airgate PCS from the relationship with Sprint PCS; Alamosa PCS achievement despite its own problems with Sprint's Clear Pay plan; Information on other carriers.
- Sprint Nibbles On Enterprise Carrot. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;8/19/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p6
Reports that Sprint PCS continued to add features to its CDMA2000 1XRTT Vision network in August 2002. Comments from analyst Jane Zweig about the company's strategy; Two remaining questions that Sprint PCS need to address; Sprint's enterprise product offerings.
- Sprint Launches Unlimited Data Plans. Marek, Sue; Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p4
Reports on a series of pricing plans launched by Sprint PCS that provide unlimited data use for customers in the U.S.. Range of consumer prices for using the PCS Vision network; Cost of data-only plans for laptop computers and personal digital assistants; Result of a survey of European wireless...
- Sprint PCS' entry into Fresno created competition for other Valley... Franks, Jonathan // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/20/97, Issue 322214, p6
Deals with Central Valley, California's telecommunication deal with Sprint PCS company. Companies created by the competition in telecommunication services in Fresno; Remarks of Sprint spokesman for choosing Fresno for their company; Marketing strategy launched by Sprint for their services.