- How Dividing Mobile Software Will Multiply Business and Add Up to Smartphone Supremacy. Fitchard, Kevin // Wireless Review;Dec2003, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p18
Assesses the implication of the creation of the competitive divisions Nokia Mobile Phone and Nokia Mobile Software by handset maker Nokia. Commitment of the company to the creation of a smartphone market; Reaction of the wireless industry to the move; Management of the competitive divisions;...
- Mobile Phones Industry Profile: Italy. // Mobile Phones Industry Profile: Italy;Sep2012, p1
The article offers information on the mobile phones industry in Italy as of September 2012. The Italian mobile phones market decreased by 4.2 percent in 2011, and is predicted to increase by 13 percent in 2016. Italy is said to account for 13 percent of the total value of the European mobile...
- The Nokia 3650 cellular phone. // World Kid;Jun2003, Vol. 6, pWK49
Features the Nokia 3650 cellular phone manufactured by telecommunication system manufacturer Nokia Corp. Features of the cellular phone; Product aesthetics; Functions and ease-of-use.
- INVASIVE MANEUVERS. Bischoff, Glenn; Fitchard, Kevin; Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;11/19/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 21, p8
Reports on the efforts of Nokia to disseminate its mobile data software and create an open architecture for wireless data services. Impact of interoperability standard for wireless services on the adoption of third-generation mobile services; Comments from Jorma Ollila, Nokia's chairman and...
- OPEN, REDEFINED. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;11/19/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 21, p26
Comments on the announcement of Nokia to lead the creation of open standards for mobile devices. Disadvantage of excluding Qualcomm and Microsoft in the creation of open standards; Importance of tackling the issue of momentum in the wireless data market to efforts to create open standards;...
- Will users answer Nokia's N-Gage call? Chan, Tony // Wireless Asia;10/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p34
Features Nokia's N-Gage mobile phone. Target market; Enhanced graphic processing capabilities; Redesigned user interface to facilitate gaming; Support provided by game developers.
- Nokia introduces 3G solutions. // RCR Wireless News;10/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p24
Reports on Nokia Corp.'s introduction of several third-generation network solutions and mobile Internet application platforms designed for wireless operators and service providers.
- NOKIA LAUNCHES WIRELESS REMOTE MONITORING CAMERA. // Imaging Update;Nov2004, Vol. 15 Issue 11, pN.PAG
This article reports on the launch of Nokia Remote Camera, wireless home monitoring solution with an integrated motion detector, from Nokia. With the ability to capture megapixel- quality images and video clips with sound, even in low-light and outdoor conditions, the Nokia Remote Camera brings...
- Banking on progress. Taaffe, Joanne // Total Telecom Magazine;Feb2007, p12
The article reports on an announcement by Visa International that it would offer new services on Nokia mobile telephones using near field communications (NFC) technology in January 2007. The move is part of an attempt to encourage mobile users to make personal payments and manage bank accounts...