Focus On Solutions, Not Technology
- Parlano, SmartPoint Team Up For New Wireless Offering. Chen, Tanya; Kentouris, Chris; Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;12/11/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p9
Reports on Parlano's incorporation of SmartPoint's SmartNotify, a personalized information delivery service for wireless services, into the next version of MindAlign, its business collaboration solution. Features and functions of MindAlign; In-house wireless integration used by Parlano before...
- When Pushing Requires Talking Back. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;12/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p29
Focuses on the development of wireless interactive push applications for financial firms in the United States. Concept of the technology; Prediction of International Data Corp. regarding wireless applications in electronic businesses by 2003; Partnership of SmartPoint Inc. with Parlano Inc. to...
- Learning Worldly Prepaid Lessons. Meyer, Thomas // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p33
Discusses the status of prepaid services in the wireless communication industry of the United States (US). Primary areas that have affected the initial domestic acceptance of prepaid services; Problems that prevent the widespread domestic adoption of prepaid service; How US companies can...
- SDR Opens Up New Vistas. Blust, Stephen // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p49
Stresses the potential of software-defined radio (SDR) technology in the wireless industry. How the technology works; Benefits of SDR-based handsets; Limitations of traditional radio technology.
- Freedom Of Choice In The Wild Wireless Data World. Tyra, Ken // Wireless Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p69
Focuses on the option choices of wireless communication users. Factors that influenced the increase in communication offerings; Model that can help users access information anytime and anywhere.
- The Time Is Now. Kalogris, Michael // Wireless Week;04/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p37
No abstract available.
- SMS In The USA. Gehrt, Jennifer // Wireless Week;08/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p61
Encourages the wireless carriers in the United States to offer short messaging service (SMS). Advice on creating a robust SMS market in the U.S.; Factor that will affect the adoption of SMS; Important benefit of SMS.
- Realize Next-Gen Now. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p4
Offers suggestions to telecommunication carriers in the United States before next-generation spectrum becomes available. Suggestion from wireless data guru Andy Seybold; Most ideal spectrum for third generation wireless communication services.
- SAYS WHO? // Wireless Week;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p23
Presents the business plans of two executives from the wireless communication industry for 2002.