Cisco Beefs Up Its WLAN Technology
- The great Cisco wars. Pearce, Alan // America's Network;08/15/98, Vol. 102 Issue 16, p66
Offers a look at the actions taken by several telecommunication equipment manufacturers to effectively rival the increasing market of Cisco Systems Inc. in networking. Lucent Technologies Inc. and Nortel Communications Systems Inc.'s appropriation of money to acquire knowledge and information...
- briefs. Diaz Jr., Frank // Caribbean Business;12/12/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 50, p35
Presents news briefs concerning telecommunication in Puerto Rico as of December 12, 2002. Telecommunication products introduced by Cisco Systems in Puerto Rico; Introduction of the Enhanced Data rates for Global Evolution technology.
- Cisco Sees Data At Heart Of Optical Nets. McGarvey, Joe // Inter@ctive Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p66
Reports that Cisco Systems Incorporated's grand plan for the network of the future is all about data. Comments from Carl Russo, group vice president of the optical networking group at Cisco; Companies acquired by Cisco; Why Cisco's approach differs from competitors; View of Chris Nicoll, an...
- Outliving Your Enemies. Krapf, Eric // Business Communications Review;Nov2002, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p14
Features Mario Mazzola, chief development officer at telecommunications equipment and technology firm Cisco. Career background; Combination of private branch exchange (PBX) with data network proposed by Mazzola in 1982; Acquisition by Cisco of Crescendo, a company established by Mazzola.
- Cisco 7500 to get voice, power boost. Duffy, Jim // Network World;06/12/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p1
Focuses on Cisco Systems' plan to roll out chassis, processors and interface processor modules for its venerable 7500 high-end router. Chance for users to better support voice; Addition of circuit switching capabilities to the device; Proposal to ship an Internet Engineering Task...
- New DSL Arena: Managing Subscribers. Wilson, Carol // Inter@ctive Week;09/13/99, Vol. 6 Issue 37, p54
Reports on the entry of Cisco Systems company into the subscriber management systems sector of digital subscriber line (DSL) equipment market. Introduction of Cisco 6400 equipment; Customers of Cisco; Functions of the subscriber management systems.
- VoIP Takes Wing. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Nov2001, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p10
Focuses on growth of the Voice over Internet Protocol equipment market in the first half of 2001. Comparison with 2000 figures; Cisco Systems Inc.'s domination of the market.
- NEW WORLD MATH. Tolly, Kevin // Network World;05/29/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p26
Comments on the value of Cisco Systems Inc.'s acquisition of telecommunication products firm ArrowPoint Communications Inc. ArrowPoint's 199 gross revenue; Cisco's growth expectations for ArrowPoint; Reasons for the high valuation of the ArrowPoint deal.
- Cisco/Linksys deal raises SMB market issues. Tolly, Kevin // Network World;3/31/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p18
Comments on Cisco Systems Inc.'s acquisition deal with Linksys Corp. Impact of the acquisition on Cisco's bottom line; Compatibility between the companies' product lines; Range of switching products offered by the companies.