Arch Extends Consumer Strategy With Hotmail
- Arch, MSN, Motorola form partnership. // RCR Wireless News;3/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p44
Announces an agreement between Arch Wireless Inc., MSN and Motorola Inc. to provide consumers access to the MSN Hotmail e-mail and Messanger instant-messaging communications services on Motorola's wireless two-way messaging communications services, Talkabout T900.
- Motorola to customize phones for carriers. // RCR Wireless News;7/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p18
Reports on the partnership formed by Motorola Inc. with four telecommunication carriers to manufacture low-end handsets customized to each company. List of companies that will receive Internet-capable c330-model phones from Motorola; Retail price of the handsets.
- Arch to offer Hotmail-based two-way service. // RCR Wireless News;11/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p2
Deals with the move of Arch Wireless Inc. to sell a wireless two-way e-mail device featuring the Internet service of Microsoft Corp. Service fee charge of the company; Wireless companies which made previous attempts on Internet services; Partnership of Arch with Microsoft and Motorola; Overview...
- Wireless wares pave way to PCS. Moeller, Michael // PC Week;8/8/94, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p110
Reports on the introduction of various hardware and software technologies that will enable Personal Communications Service (PCS) carriers to provide two-way acknowledgement paging of both voice and data and wireless access to electronic mail. Motorola's wireless messaging device; Wireless Access...
- Study: New entrants won't shake traditional handset vendors' position. // RCR Wireless News;11/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p34
Reports news on the wireless communications industry in New Jersey as of November 2002. Performance of Microsoft Corp. in the market for mobile phone software; Effort of Nokia Corp. and Motorola Inc. to compete in the market.
- Motorola developers' gathering yields contest, initiative to push wireless. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p33
Reports on the partnerships and new product initiatives of Motorola Inc. as of May 2001. Contract signed by Motorola to expand a global system for mobile communication-based digital cellular system in Oman; Alliance with Nextel Communications Inc., VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and other wireless...
- Motorola waxes wireless with Magis. // CED;Mar2002, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the partnership between Motorola Broadband and Magis Networks on developing wireless devices. Agreement between the companies; Design of the Air5-based products of Magis; Development of the 802.11x wireless platform.
- Message Your Buddy, Instantly. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;04/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p30
Focuses on the partnership of Motorola Inc. with Personity to develop service that will enable end-users to send mobile-to-mobile instant messages. Comments from Dan Cohen, Personity president and chief executive officer; Description of the service.
- New Strategies Transform Carriers. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;03/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p26
Explores how paging/messaging companies in the United States are transforming themselves to survive in the wireless communication industry. Status of the one-way paging market; Projection on the number of subscribers of two-way messaging services by the end of year 2001; Steps taken by Arch...