Aerie Networks To Revive Ricochet Service
- Metricom Still Looking For A Buyer. // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the decision of Metricom Inc. to turn down the offer of Aerie Networks Inc. to buy the company's assets. Aim of Aerie Networks' offer; Value of the property owned by Metricom Inc.; Hearing on the sale.
- Aerie Makes Bid No. 2. // Wireless Week;11/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p22
Reports on the decision of Aerie Networks to offer a second bid for Metricom's remaining assets, as of November 2001. Value of the assets; Details of the first offering.
- Metricom rejects Aerie offer. // RCR Wireless News;9/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p19
Reports that Metricom Inc. rejected an offer from Aerie Networks for the acquisition of Metricom's assets.
- Wireless network's 2nd chance. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 46, p1
Reports on Aerie Networks Inc.'s expansion of the wireless Ricochet network in Westchester County, New York. Development of the network by Metricom Inc.; Aerie president and chief executive officer Mort Aaronson's commitment to expanding the network within Westchester; Aerie's plan to redeploy...
- Aerie Eyes Metricom's Ricochet Network. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;9/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p22
Reports on the bid on the assets of bankrupt company Metricom Inc. placed by Aerie Networks Inc. Services of Metricom Inc.; Plans of Aerie to build out fiber-optic network.
- Broadband startup interested in Metricom. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;9/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the negotiations between Aerie Networks and Metrocom Inc. for the acquisition of the Ricochet high-speed wireless data network built by Metrocom. Division to be created by Aerie that would act as the owner of the network; Background on the companies.
- Aerie again bids for Metricom assets. // RCR Wireless News;11/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the bid of Aerie Networks to acquire the remaining assets of Metricom Inc. Estimated value of the bid; Assets to be acquired by Aerie; Bankruptcy filed by Metricom.
- Ricochet Wireless Internet Service May Bounce Back. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;11/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p33
Reports the status of an Internet provider Richochet Wireless Internet Service in San Diego, California. Acquisition of Richochet by the Aerie Networks Inc.; Description about the company; Impact of the bankruptcy to its operations.
- A New Face in Wholesale. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul2000, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p17
Reports on Aerie Networks' plan to build a nationwide fiber optic network in the United States. Installation of the lines along petroleum pipeline networks; Company's provision of utilities with equity; Company's construction of its national broadband platform.