Lawsuit Challenges FCC's Re-Auction Results
- TPS Utilicom sues AT&T Wireless. // RCR Wireless News;10/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p10
Reports on a lawsuit filed by TPS Utilicom Services Inc. against AT&T Wireless Services Inc. for alleged unfair, deceptive and anti-competitive practices to win licenses in the United States Federal Communications Commission auction. Details on the lawsuit; Amount in damages sought by TPS Utilicom.
- FCC swaps spectrum for billions. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;02/05/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 6, p15
Provides information on the results of a wireless reauction of licenses conducted by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Amount spent by companies Verizon Wireless and Alaska Native Wireless on licenses acquired at the auction; Information on the spectrum portfolio of...
- SPECTRUM SUIT RAISES MORE UNCERTAINTY. Weber, Toby // Telephony;10/8/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 15, p34
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by TPS Utilicom Services against AT&T, AT&T Wireless and its partner Alaska Native Wireless in 2001. Issues regarding the existence of partnership between the companies during the spectrum auction; Problems posed by the lawsuit to the spectrum industry.
- Advanced 411 Service. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Reports on AT&T Wireless Incorporated's enhanced directory assistance service that offers live, professionally trained operators to answer calls and provide information beyond the name and phone number. Features of the service.
- AT&T Clips Angel's Wings. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p1
Announces the decision of AT&T Wireless to close its Digital Broadband wireless offering. Reason underlying the decision; Brief information on the wireless offering; Implications of the decision to the wireless industry.
- Netro Aims High With Angel. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p9
Reports that the fixed wireless equipment maker Netro Corp. would pay AT&T Wireless Inc. cash plus shares of Netro stock in exchange for the carrier's fixed wireless assets. Other advantage of AT&T Wireless in the deal; Marketing plan of Netro; View of analysts on the deal.
- AT&T Travels New Road To mMode. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on AT&T Wireless' mMode service. View of wireless research director, Becky Diercks on mMode and mLife services; Estimated cost of basic mMode access a month; Other NTT DoCoMo partners that are in the process of introducing i-mode services.
- AT&T Wireless maps major 3G plan. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;12/11/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p41
Reports business plans of AT&T Wireless in the United States. Interest on third-generation high-speed wireless data; Deployment of Global Systems for Mobile communications gear; Upgrade of the network with Enhanced Data rates for Global Evolution-complaint gear.
- AT&T WIRELESS UNVEILS INTEGRATED BILLING PLATFORM. // Telephone IP News;Aug2002, Vol. 13 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Reports on an integrated billing platform unveiled by AT&T Wireless Inc. for application developers as of August 2002.