- WAP gains momentum. Uimonen, Terho; Sayer, Peter; Gray, Douglas F. // InfoWorld;02/28/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p10
Looks into the Wireless Access Protocol (WAP) standard plans of Nokia, Alcatel and Motorola. Global partnership between Nokia and Amazon.com; Mobile phone released by Nokia; WAP-enabled phone to be launched by Alcatel.
- Telekom Malaysia launches WAP services. // RCR;07/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p36
Reports on Telekom Malaysia's launching of Wireless Application Protocol services based on Motorola Inc.'s Mobile Internet Exchange platform.
- Wireless Java's Rich Future. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;03/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on Java-enabled wireless communication devices. Network carriers involved in the Java-enabled phones to be launched by Motorola in the first half of year 2001; Impact of the Mobile Information Device profile based on the Java 2 platform Micro Edition on wireless data services; Web site...
- Realising the full potential of WAP. Secker, Matthew // Telecommunications - International Edition;Nov2001, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p61
Focuses on the capabilities of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP). Creation of the mServices by the GSM Association to drive usability; Specifications of WAP; Advantages of WAP over general packet radio services.
- Handheld Web May Not Open Images. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p20
States that data-intensive displays that personal computer users associate with Internet browsing cannot simply be transferred over to wireless communication devices. Constraints with the Wireless Application Protocol for wireless Internet devices; Implications of the differences in wireless...
- WAP handset sales to accelerate. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p24
Informs on the predicted rise in the shipment of Wireless Application Protocol- (WAP) enabled handsets from 2000 through 2004, according to Allied Business Intelligence.
- Vendors push wireless data spec. // Telephony;01/26/98, Vol. 234 Issue 4, p82
Focuses on the formation of the Wireless Applications Protocol Forum to facilitate the development of wireless data content in the United States.
- Wap happy. Walley // Global Telephony;Nov99, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the plans by several European companies to commercially launch wireless application protocol services. Reaching saturation levels for mobile penetration in Europe; Plan to offer Sonera Zed solution and technology platform; Telia Mobile's launching of MyDOF, a location-sensitive...
- The Yap About WAP. Kamadolli, Shyam // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p90
Reports on telecommunications carriers' confidence in the potential of Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) as they venture into wireless data services. Background on the development of WAP; Estimated users of WAP devices; WAP applications developed and in development stage.