Samsung Seeks Bigger Market Share
- Samsung enters LAN market with low-cost hubs and switches. Dix, John // Network World;02/16/98, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p15
Announces the release of Samsung Telecommunications America company's series of stackable hubs and switches which support 10M/100M bit/sec speeds on all ports. Comments from vice president Mark Stubbe; Details on Samsung's Smart-Ether hubs; Features of the products; Cost of the products.
- Samsung designs pico base station for cheap deployment. // RCR;01/19/98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p6
Presents information on the introduction of PicoBTS, a compact Code Division Multiple Access base station by Samsung Telecommunications America company. Comments from David Allen, director of marketing STA Wireless Systems division; Functions of PicoBTS; Identification of where cellular and...
- Samsung launches division. O'Keefe, Susan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar98, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the launching of the United States (U.S.) networks division by Samsung Telecommunications America (STA) which endeavors to become the top-tier networking player within the United States. What the company introduces; Information on the future prospects of the company; Details on the...
- Samsung premieres CDMA handset, contracts with Sprint PCS. Lurie, George // RCR;09/15/97, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p34
States that Samsung Telecommunication America has unveiled a ultra-light pocket sized Code Division Multiple Access Personal communication services phone. Description of the SCII-1910; Information on the $600 million contract signed between Sprint PCS and Samsung; Details of the contract;...
- SAMSUNG INTRODUCES SPH-I330 PALM POWERED 3G PHONE. // Telephone IP News;Jan2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, pN.PAG
Introduces SPH-i330, a fully integrated Palm Powered phone with 3G data capabilities, from Samsung Telecommunications America. Features of the phone; Product overview; Background on Samsung Telecommunications America.
- Samsung aims to take leadership position in handsets. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;11/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p18
Reports on the launching of phones from Samsung Telecommunications America in November 2002. Features of the phones; Manufacturing capacity of Samsung.
- Samsung Adds To InfoRanger Modem Line. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;05/15/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p23
Introduces Samsung Telecommunications America Inc.'s SCM-110R data cable modem. Features and functions; Enhancements.
- Samsung Focuses On Smartphones For The Masses. PALENCHAR, JOSEPH // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/18/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the aim of Samsung Telecommunications America to introduce smartphones to the mass market in 2010.
- Remote features in cable modem. // Electronic News;05/25/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2220, p41
Features Samsung Telecommunications America Inc.'s InfoRanger multimedia cable modems. Key specifications.