Change Carries Higher Churn Risk
- Carriers' plans are up in the airwaves. Rendleman, John; Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;07/24/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p15
Discusses the strategies of several telecommunications carriers for deploying fixed wireless data services. Plan of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to launch fixed wireless services in four United States cities in December 2000; Rural fixed wireless trial of Western Wireless Corp. and Nortel...
- Rural carriers overlay to keep roaming $$. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the actions taken by rural telecommunication operators to achieve growth despite the economic slowdown in the U.S. as of March 4, 2002. Launch of single technology overlays; Strategic approach of Western Wireless Corp.; Technology plans of Rural Cellular Corp.
- RCC acquires PCS spectrum from AT&T, will use GPRS overlay. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/30/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p9
Reports on the acquisition of the personal communication system spectrum of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. by Rural Cellular Corp. Plan of Rural Cellular to use General Packet Radio Service overlay; Areas covered by the service of Rural.
- BITS. // Wireless Week;3/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p12
Presents news briefs concerning the wireless communication industry in the U.S., as of March 2004. Completion of the exchange of wireless operations between AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Rural Cellular Corp. in several states; Information on the ringtones with clips of recorded music offered...
- Business Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;6/7/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p17
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication sector in the U.S. as of June 7, 2004. Selection of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to provide Research In Motion Ltd. BlackBerry devices for the offices of the Securities and Exchange Commission; Effort of Western Wireless Corp. in completing the...
- Carrier Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;3/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p18
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of March 22, 2004 in the U.S. Deployment of Phase I Enhanced 911 service for Cellular One customers in South Dakota by Western Wireless Corp.; Availability of QuietSpot headsets from Shure Inc. to Sprint PCS customers; Certification...
- Regional carriers 3Q results run gamut. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p21
Focuses on the opposing revenues posted by regional wireless operators in the United States for the third quarter of 2001. Number of net subscribers added by the Western Wireless Corp.; Net profits and losses posted by Triton, an AT&T Wireless affiliate; Failure of Rural Cellular Corp. to...
- Business Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;7/14/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p13
Presents news briefs on wireless communication in the U.S. as of July 14, 2003. GSM/GPRS roaming agreement between AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Western Wireless Corp.; Changes in the rates of international phone call service from Globalstar; Appointment of Ericsson as supplier of GSM/GPRS...
- Advanced 411 Service. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Reports on AT&T Wireless Incorporated's enhanced directory assistance service that offers live, professionally trained operators to answer calls and provide information beyond the name and phone number. Features of the service.