Aleris Sells $500M in Junk Bonds
- Aleris HY Dividend Deal Hits Road. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;2/7/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p32
This article reports on the junk bond offering from Aleris International which will help finance a dividend payment to its private equity owners.
- Hamilton Sundstrand Offers $775M in HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/3/2012, p28
The article reports on a 775 million U.S. dollar junk bond offering of Hamliton Sundstrand Industrial to help finance a private equity transaction.
- CALPERS' FAILED INVESTMENTS SPAN BUYOUTS, PROPERTIES. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;9/21/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p40
The article presents information on the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPers) private equity and real estate investments which resulted in a major loss. Aleris International Inc. which was acquired by TPG Capital in a 3.3 billion dollars buyout filed for bankruptcy in February...
- PE Pipeline Seen Filling Up. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/3/2012, p19
The article reports a slight decline in buyout activity in the U.S. as of September 2012. Buyout activity is considered as an important source of junk bond issuance, but is running below 2011 levels in terms of dollar volume. A total of 1,122 deals were executed by private equity firms in 2012,...
- BYE-BYE BUY-OUTS. Misonzhnik, Elaine // Retail Traffic;2007 Supplement, Vol. 36, p54
The article discusses the decreasing trends of the private equity market in the U.S. It highlights the tough economic situation in the credit market which has driven the subprime mortgage shaking and the vanishing cash flow of private equity firms. Moreover, investors in junk bonds have also...
- Aleris Sales, Profits Decline. // Metal Center News;Sep2012, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p60
The article discusses financial performance of Aleris International in the second quarter of 2012, which reported net income of 34 million dollar during the period, which is 39.2 percent lower from the same period in 2011.
- Aleris Exits Bankruptcy. Sheahan, Matthew // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/7/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p16
This article announces the emergence of Aleris International from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on June 2, 2010 and its closing of a rights offering of over 600 million U.S. dollars.
- Laureate Education Seeks $2.2 Billion For Divisive LBO. // Bank Loan Report;4/23/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p1
The article reports that educational company Laureate Education Inc. plans to price $2.2 billion in high yield bonds and term loans to finance a $3.8 billion leveraged buyout (LBO), in Baltimore, Maryland. The company wanted to attract the attention of leveraged finance investors to finance its...
- Junk Debt Markets Could Absorb LBO Revival. Sheahan, Matthew // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May2010, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p22
The article focuses on the possible effect of junk bond markets to the volume recuperation of leveraged buyouts (LBO) in the U.S. Several researchers from Bank of America Merrill Lynch have noted the factors of LBO recuperation including equity valuations, resurgence of credit market, and the...