Ply Gem Builds Case for $800M in HY
- Not for sale. // Crain's New York Business;7/22/96, Vol. 12 Issue 30, p30
Reports on the cancellation of the planned sale of Ply Gem Industries Incorporated. Increase in Ply Gem's profits.
- New offer. // Crain's New York Business;07/21/97, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p54
Reports that Ply Gem Industries Incorporated received a $19.50-a-share takeover proposal, which exceeds a previous proposal from Hicks Muse Tate and Furst. Information on products made by Ply Gem.
- Ply Gem discontinues its search for buyer. Bregar, Bill // Plastics News;7/29/1996, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the decision of Ply Gem Industries Inc., a building products producer, to discontinue its search for buyers. Hiring of investment banker, Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. to maximize shareholder value; Financial performance.
- Two Issuers Add $750M to Junk Pipeline. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/11/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p16
The article reports on the plan of Qwest Communications and Kansas City Southern to issue high-yield bonds worth 750 million U.S. dollars in 2010, totaling pending U.S. issues to 5.61 billion dollars. The Denver, Colorado-based Qwest will issue 500 million dollars in debt securities and will...
- Ply Gem takes charge. // Crain's New York Business;10/10/94, Vol. 10 Issue 41, p42
Reports on Ply Gem Industries Inc.'s measure to lift profitability. Pretax charge against third-quarter earnings; Lay-off.
- New business. // Wood & Wood Products;Jan95, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p22
Reports that Ply Gem Manufacturing has created the International Wood Specialties Group that will feature unfinished and prefinished wood shelving, pre-assembled bookcases and wood furniture.
- Ply Gem revamps again, polishing itself for a sale. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;8/7/95, Vol. 11 Issue 32, p39
Reports on Ply Gem Industries Inc.'s dismal financial performance in the second quarter of 1995. Restructuring; Retention of Bear Stearns & Co.; Reduced cost of goods; Revision of procurement strategies; Improvement of manufacturing processes; Cutting administrative expenses.
- Nortek to buy Ply Gem for $482 million. Stehno, Christina // Plastics News;7/28/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the plans of Nortek Incorporated to acquire Ply Gem Industries Incorporated for $482 million. Indepth look at the acquisition; Products produced by Ply Gem; Comments from Richard L. Bready, chairman and chief executive officer of Nortek.
- Ply Gem names. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;6/12/95, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p46
Reports on Ply Gem Industries Inc.'s election of Dana R. Snyder as president and chief operating officer and member of its board of directors.