- Still on the verge. Wilson, Carol // Telephony;11/3/2008 Guide to IPTV, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Ed Gubbins on how Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) might evolve, one by Sarah Reedy on exploring IPTV middleware land, and one by Rich Karpinski on the moving of IPTV into the mainstream.
- ASK PROFESSOR PHIL. Hippensteel, Phil // AV Technology;Dec2010, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p16
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the effects of connecting a device to Internet protocol (IP) network.
- T-VIPS gateways provide transport of real-time video over IP. // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;2/8/2012, p7
The article focuses on T-VIPS America's TVG425 transport stream gateway purchased by a provider of Internet Protocol (IP)-based metro and long-haul services for real-time contribution and distribution of broadcast-quality MPEG transport streams over its global media and content delivery networks.
- THIS eWEEK. Donston, Debra // eWeek;5/7/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p5
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Lisa Vaas about the use of Internet Protocol version 6 by several government agencies and another by Jason Brooks about the idea of virtualization that companies consider.
- CHINA'S IPTV TO REACH 16,65 MIL USERS BY END 2009. // Worldwide Telecom;Dec2005, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p1
This article highlights a report released by Analysys International as of December 2005 which predicts that Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) will become the next global industry, with a potential market of 200 billion RMB by 2009. The report also predicts that the China IPTV market will...
- Front Cover. // IEEE Internet Computing;Nov2011, Vol. 15 Issue 6, pc2
The article announces the submission of manuscripts on topics related to Internet computing including crowdsourcing and future internet protocols.
- ETHERSPHERE SERVICE KEEPS TTX DATA CENTER OPS ON TRACK. // LAN Product News;Sep2010, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the use of Global Crossing's EtherSphere Service by TTX Co., a provider of railcars and related freight car management services, to support its data center back-up services and business operations across the U.S. Under the deal, TTX also acquired the Internet Protocol...
- Lucent unveils Acuity architecture. // RCR Wireless News;6/12/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p20
The article reports on the decision of Lucent Technologies Inc. to introduce its next-generation network architecture called Acuity at the Globalcomm trade show in New York. Lucent Chief Marketing Officer John Giere explained that Acuity delivers high-bandwidth Internet Protocol (IP)-based...
- IP service control goes beyond switching & routing. Kennedy, Michael // Telecommunications;Mar2008, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p40
The article offers information on the significance of Internet protocol service control to telecommunications companies in the U.S. Such service is important to them because with it, they can maximize its performance expectations and profit. When IP service control is applied to broadband...