Cisco to Buy Streaming Startup Inlet for $95M
- Cisco Buys Internet Appliance Company. Spangler, Todd // Inter@ctive Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p88
Reports that Cisco Systems Inc. has bought InfoGear Technology Corp., a developer of Internet appliances and related technology based in California. Information on InfoGear management software; Advantage of Cisco and InfoGear from their combination, according to analyst Bryan Ma; Cisco's...
- Cisco's Acquisition of Inlet Technologies Complete. // Channel Insider;3/16/2011, p1
The article reports on the announcement of communications giant Cisco Systems Inc. on the completion of its acquisition of adaptive bit rate (ABR) digital media processing platforms provider Inlet Technologies Inc. based in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Cisco Acquires Digital Video Firm, Inlet Technologies. // Channel Insider;2/4/2011, p1
The article reports on the plan of network equipment manufacturer Cisco Systems Inc. to acquire Inlet Technologies Inc., a software provider for digital encoding and video streaming, in the first half of 2011 as part of its business expansion.
- Multiplication by addition. Stevens, Tim // Industry Week/IW;7/01/96, Vol. 245 Issue 13, p20
Reports on acquisitions made by several high-technology companies as of July 1996. Cisco Systems Inc.'s purchase of TGV Software, Network Translation Inc. and Internet Junction; Quantum Corp.'s purchase of a substantial portion of Digital Equipment Corp.'s Digital Equipment Corp.'s data...
- 2012 Streamticker. Siglin, Tim // EventDV;Feb2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 2, p60
The article reports on the acquisitions within the streaming media industry in the U.S. in 2012. Some of these acquisitions focused on delivery platforms, which include web acceleration and aggregation of viewer eyeballs. One of the first acquisitions in 2012 is Cisco Systems Inc.'s announcement...
- Techies begin putting all the pieces together. // Business North Carolina;Feb99, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p77
Highlights events in the high technology industry in North Carolina for 1998. Merger between Northern Telecom Ltd. and Bay Networks Inc; Plans to lay off workers; Expansion of Cisco Systems Inc. and IBM Corp.; Selling out of Accipiter Inc. to CMG Information Services Inc.
- XML flaw threatens apps. // Network World;8/3/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p10
The article offers updates on various issues related to information technology and computer networks in the U.S. The revenue of Cisco Systems Inc. declines by 18%, hitting 8.5 billion dollars in its fiscal fourth quarter that was ended in July 25, 2009. Google Inc. buys On2 Technologies Inc. in...
- High tech companies' mergers hold steady; dollar value increases. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/22/94 - 8/29/94, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p32
Compares the volume rates of mergers and acquisitions in the high technology industry in the United States during the first six months of 1994 with those of 1993.
- The big-time bets on high-technology acquisitions. Federman, Charles; Middleton, Thomas P. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p11
Presents a roundtable discussion on the aggressiveness of high technology companies in consolidation and merger activities. Factors driving acquisition bids in the industry; Global expansion; Regulations; Pricing; Responses to technology; Company divestiture.