Media Giants Gain in Q4
- An Invitation to Advertisers, From Your Pals at the Networks. Steinberg, Brian // Television Week;6/1/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p12
In this article the author points out some important things to ponder for U.S. television advertisers. According to the author, there is a need for TV networks to speak to their Thursday-night audiences to help boost advertisers' movie openings and weekend sales. He points out the efforts of...
- Advertising Industry Profile: United States. // Advertising Industry Profile: United States;Apr2014, p1
The article reports on the status of the U.S. advertising industry as of 2013. Topics discussed include growth and value of the industry in 2013, forecasts for 2013-2018, biggest segment of the industry and percentage of the global advertising industry's value accounted for by the U.S. Also...
- TV rules stox buzz. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;10/19/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 15, p1
The article offers an update on the sluggish television broadcasting ratings in the U.S. as business executives assess financials for the third quarter ended September 2012. According to Evercore Partners Inc. analyst Alan Gould, they predict lackluster third-quarter advertising to revive in...
- Buyers' market? Consoli, John // MediaWeek;4/25/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 17, pSR3
Examines the prospects facing U.S. broadcast television networks in the 2005-2006 upfront ad buying season. Forecast on the increase in cost per minute (CPM) average for networks; Comments from Les Moonves, CBS chairman; Range of new shows that will boost the CPM average of American...
- WEAK LOCAL AD MARKET TAKES A TOLL. Mermigas, Diane // Television Week;9/29/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p28
Explores the market performance of advertising firms in the U.S. in September 2003. Revenue forecast of Viacom; Implications of diversification for TV advertising; Trend in TV advertising; Influence of cable TV on the revenue of Fox Entertainment Group in 2004; Factors relevant to the financial...
- Rethinking adjacent spots. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;4/17/95, Vol. 125 Issue 16, p62
Focuses on the study made by TVB/WFIE-TV on the impact of shared commercial pods by competitors on consumer recall of products. Six-week test on `Car Sense'; Further analysis of data; Implications of the survey result.
- And now for a word. // Machine Design;1/26/95, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p161
No abstract available.
- Where's the beef? Not in Beatle-fest. // Restaurant Business;12/10/95, Vol. 94 Issue 18, p26
Reports that in deference to Paul and Linda McCartney's vegetarian lifestyle, the network ABC banned meat advertising from a six-hour Beatles special. Reaction of the National Pork Producers Council; Inclusion of poultry among the banned advertisements.
- Infomercials--television's newest success. Saltzman, Joe // USA Today Magazine;Sep94, Vol. 123 Issue 2592, p89
Discusses the popularity of infomercials in American households. American programs recommended by critics; Contents of infomercials; Reason for infomercials' popularity.