Internet Runs Out of Addresses
- D3 deployment updates. // CED;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the deployment of Comcast Corp.'s D3 service in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and San Francisco, California. It states that Comcast deployed the D3 service in about 50% of its entire footprint in July 2009. It notes that Comcast has announced that it would deploy D3 service...
- Web extras. // CED;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p33
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication industry in the U.S. The cable industry is being challenged of delivering video over Internet Protocol (IP) networking. Hitachi will sponsor a webinar that will demonstrate the deployment of fiber access technologies that in demand and...
- IPv6 Wakeup Call. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;5/13/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p25
The article focuses on issues related to transition of cable companies from Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) to Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) and states that cable operators to prepare themselves for IPv6 as IPv4 addresses are supposed to run out by the end of 2013. It also states that...
- Cablers Are Mad About iPad. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p20
The article reports on the plans of Comcast Corp. and CableLabs to release iPad tablet-based remotes in changing the channel to enhance television (TV) experience in the cable industry in the U.S.
- LEADERSHIP AWARD: Comcast. // CableFAX Magazine;Jul2010, p21
The article features Comcast Corp., a cable company which has received the leadership award from the periodical "CableFAX: The Magazine."
- X1 Licensing: One Size Might Not Fit All. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;9/21/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p17
The article focuses on the efforts of telecom company Comcast for licensing the X1, a cloud computing-based, internet protocol-capable video platform, from the company, as of September 2015, and mentions the challenges facing the independent cable operators due to paid television services.
- The Innovation Chasm and the Big Six. Hassan, Daniel // Multichannel News;6/6/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p31
The article offers the author's insights regarding the innovation gap of the top six cable operators in the U.S. including Comcast Corp., Time Warner Cable Inc. and Cablevision Systems Corp.
- Small Ops Should Migrate to IP - Today. // Multichannel News;11/14/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p35
In this article the author enlists several benefits that small cable operators could attain by turning to Internet protocol television (IPTV).
- California Win for Cable. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;10/8/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p22
The article informs that the cable operators of California has won a legislative victory and highlights that the legislation will allow the cable operators to invest in Internet Protocol (IP) based services like voice over Internet protocol.