- What's Coming Up In Cable Technology. // Multichannel News;8/27/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p42
The author reflects on the significant developments in the cable television sector citing the move of the multiple system operator (MSO) to develop new businesses apart from home security in the U.S.
- Movies on Demand: Breaking Through. // Multichannel News;10/3/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p51
The article reports on the development in the integrated marketing campaign of cable companies in the U.S. that promote Movies on Demand (MOD) category to its subscribers.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;8/4/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p16
A calendar of events related to the U.S. cable television industry for the period between August 3 to September 30, 2014 is presented including the CableLabs Summer Conference, the Next TV Summit San Francisco, and the Women In Cable Telecommunications Leadership Conference.
- Walk Less, See More at INTX. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;3/30/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p32
The article offers information on the annual convention of the cable industry "INTX: The Internet & Television Exposition" to be held in Chicago, Illinois, from May 5-7, 2015.
- Our Election Day Vote. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 41, p26
The author reflects on the significance of the election day on the broadcasting and cable industry in the U.S. He discusses the need for news division to prepare for the election day because it will create a big impact in the industry. He also comments that news anchors should not be selfish in...
- Sagansky: TV's 'Underlying Dynamics Not Pretty'. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;9/15/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 33, p16
The article reports on the problems faced by U.S. TV broadcast and cable companies, particularly on declining revenues that affect increases in subscriber fees, as discussed by Global Eagle Entertainment founders Jeff Sagansky and Harry Sloan in the 2014 NextTV Summit in San Francisco, California.
- Pics or It Didn't Happen. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/12/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 2, p4
Photographs are presented of personalities in the television and cable industry in the U.S. taken during several events including news anchor Anderson Cooper, television producer Jenni Konner, and Tribune Broadcasting president Larry Wert.
- Introduction. ALLEMAN, James; FONTAINE, Gilles; KATZ, Raul; LE CHAMPION, Rémy // Communications & Strategies;2013 4th Quarter, Issue 92, p9
An introduction to the journal is presented which discusses various papers published within the issue, including the dynamics of the U.S. television (TV) distribution market, state of the cable TV market in Flanders, Belgium, and actual behaviours in the mobile screen environment.
- Beyond Blackouts, Distribution Will Be a Key Issue in the New Year. LAFAYETTE, JON // Broadcasting & Cable;1/2/2017, Vol. 147 Issue 1, p6
The article reports that television distribution is forecasted to be a key issue in the U.S. television broadcasting industry in 2017 which will be driven by the growing number of consumers who were cutting the cable and the demand of lower-cost bundles.