- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.
- Scannell acts as corporate juggler. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;11/28/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 60, pA8
Reports on the promotions for the re-branding of the cable network TNN in United States. Invitation for viewers to contribute point-of-views about the network; Details of the 'Undertaker' promotion; Slogan.
- Will NUE ever be on TV? McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/15/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 3, p104
Reports the difficulties faced by New Urban Entertainment (NUE), a black general entertainment network, in the United States. Scarcity of funds; Expression of acquisition interest by Sony Corp., Time Warner Inc. and NBC Inc.; Reduction of company production.
- On air: Oxygen launches. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;02/02/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the launching of Geraldine Laybourne's women-oriented cable network Oxygen on February 2, 2000. Number of possible households in the United States that can tune in to the network; Advertisers; Focus on the convergence between television and the Internet.
- High-flying low-brow TV. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;9/6/93, Vol. 3 Issue 36, p9
Features the cable television network USA Network. United States Open-related revenues for 1993; Network as low-brow in primetime programming; Entry into the original movie business in 1988; `USA World Premiere Movies' segment; Airing of films from corporate parents, Paramount and MCA;...
- USA Networks spending money to grow. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p3
Reports on USA Networks' plan to accelerate spending on original programs for cable, the CityVision transformation of its television stations and Internet-related businesses in 1999. Company's decision to use its free cash flow from core businesses to expand its operations; Estimated amount the...
- HYBRID NEWSIE ISN'T CHOOSY. Bernstein, Paula // Variety;10/30/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 11, p17
Discusses the need for MSNBC company to define its focus in television news broadcasting in the United States. Original concept of MSNBC; Details on the agreement between NBC corporate parent General Electric company and Microsoft Corp. regarding the operations and management of MSNBC;...
- Women's Space Opens up. Consoli, John // Broadcasting & Cable;5/2/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 18, p10
The article focuses on the condition of the female-focused cable television networks in the U.S.
- Lowering cost-per-laugh. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;10/23/95, Vol. 5 Issue 40, p12
Focuses on Comedy Central's plans to expand its programming for 1996. Impact of hiring of Doug Herzog as president and chief executive officer; Investments from Viacom's MTV Networks and Time Warner's HBO.