ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE AND COMMUNICATION IN THE UNILEVER COMPANY
- MERGERS OF INTERNATIONAL COMPANIES: MANAGING CONFLICTS DURING THE INTEGRATION OF SUBSIDIARIES. Grundey, Dainora // Transformation in Business & Economics;Jun2008, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p182
No abstract available.
- Unilever extends global reach. Murphy, Claire // Marketing (00253650);6/15/2000, p17
Reports on the acquisition strategy of Unilever PLC in order to widen its global reach. Acquisition of Ben & Jerry's, Slim-Fast and Bestfoods; List of Bestfoods brands; Expected cost savings from the merger; Impact of the acquisition on creative agencies working with the firms; Project profit...
- INTERNATIONALIZING THE FIRM. Vansina, L�opold S. // International Studies of Management & Organization;Winter71/72, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p351
The article reprints the paper "L'internationalisation de l'entreprise," previously published in the March-April 1970 issue of the journal "Synopsis." In spite of the evident necessity of setting up a truly international management firm, the positive results are very meager. The difficulties...
- A model makeover. Rewick, C.J. // Crain's Chicago Business;03/22/99, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p13
Focuses on the successful merger between Chicago, Illinois-based Helene Curtis Industries Inc. and the British-Dutch food and personal products company, Unilever. Potential problems seen with the merger; Unilever's overhaul of Helene Curtis operations; Improvements in Helene Curtis' finances...
- I Scream. Rosengarten, Danielle // Dollars & Sense;Sep/Oct2000, Issue 231, p4
Discusses the decision of European conglomerate Unilever to acquire both Ben & Jerry's and SlimFast. Conflict posed by the acquisition; Value of the deal.
- Getting Real About Going Global. Stewart, Thomas A. // Fortune;2/15/1999, Vol. 139 Issue 3, p170
Comments on globalization as the biggest business trend in the late 1990s. How the Internet has helped this boom; The spree of intercontinental mergers and acquisitions; Problems that arise from globalization.
- NEW FRONTIERS. Hughes, Nick // Grocer;7/9/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8012, p32
The article focuses on the top 50 global fast-moving consumer goods (fmcg) companies for 2011 compiled by the firm OC & C Strategy Consultants. NestlÃ© AG led the ranking followed by Procter & Gamble and Unilever. The top companies had targeted emerging markets in 2010. It is noted that they...
- State of the Industry Report. Honomichl, Jack // Marketing News;8/30/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p20
The article examines finance of conglomerate corporations which deal in marketing, advertising, and public opinion research, such as advertising agency holding companies. Overall trends within these industries are discussed, including employment and corporate profits. Consolidation and mergers...
- Going into new territory. // European Chemical News;1/26/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2084, p5
Comments on the decision of multi-national oil and chemical company Shell to attempt to become a major central and east European oil and chemical conglomerate. Plan of ConocoPhillips to team up with PKN Orlen of Poland; Reluctance of multi-national companies to make investments on the scale of...