ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE AND COMMUNICATION IN THE UNILEVER COMPANY
- MERGERS OF INTERNATIONAL COMPANIES: MANAGING CONFLICTS DURING THE INTEGRATION OF SUBSIDIARIES. Grundey, Dainora // Transformation in Business & Economics;Jun2008, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p182
No abstract available.
- Unilever extends global reach. Murphy, Claire // Marketing (00253650);6/15/2000, p17
Reports on the acquisition strategy of Unilever PLC in order to widen its global reach. Acquisition of Ben & Jerry's, Slim-Fast and Bestfoods; List of Bestfoods brands; Expected cost savings from the merger; Impact of the acquisition on creative agencies working with the firms; Project profit...
- INTERNATIONALIZING THE FIRM. Vansina, L�opold S. // International Studies of Management & Organization;Winter71/72, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p351
The article reprints the paper "L'internationalisation de l'entreprise," previously published in the March-April 1970 issue of the journal "Synopsis." In spite of the evident necessity of setting up a truly international management firm, the positive results are very meager. The difficulties...
- Who's Driving Conglomerates Abroad? Shim Shang-bok // Korea Focus;Aug2013, p1
The article reports that the governments all over the world are devoted in creating business-friendly environment. Many conglomerate affiliates have announced plans to promote a large number of part-time workers to full-time positions in South Korea. New Korea-bound investments and other global...
- A model makeover. Rewick, C.J. // Crain's Chicago Business;03/22/99, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p13
Focuses on the successful merger between Chicago, Illinois-based Helene Curtis Industries Inc. and the British-Dutch food and personal products company, Unilever. Potential problems seen with the merger; Unilever's overhaul of Helene Curtis operations; Improvements in Helene Curtis' finances...
- Getting Real About Going Global. Stewart, Thomas A. // Fortune;2/15/1999, Vol. 139 Issue 3, p170
Comments on globalization as the biggest business trend in the late 1990s. How the Internet has helped this boom; The spree of intercontinental mergers and acquisitions; Problems that arise from globalization.
- I Scream. Rosengarten, Danielle // Dollars & Sense;Sep/Oct2000, Issue 231, p4
Discusses the decision of European conglomerate Unilever to acquire both Ben & Jerry's and SlimFast. Conflict posed by the acquisition; Value of the deal.
- NEW FRONTIERS. Hughes, Nick // Grocer;7/9/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8012, p32
The article focuses on the top 50 global fast-moving consumer goods (fmcg) companies for 2011 compiled by the firm OC & C Strategy Consultants. NestlÃ© AG led the ranking followed by Procter & Gamble and Unilever. The top companies had targeted emerging markets in 2010. It is noted that they...
- Bonnier secures D & B businesses. // Precision Marketing;4/2/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p9
Reports that Sweden-based media group Bonnier has purchased six Dun and Bradstreet (D&B) businesses for $24 million in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic. Combined revenue of $52 million; Operating within Bonnier Business Information which offers digital...