ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE AND COMMUNICATION IN THE UNILEVER COMPANY
- MERGERS OF INTERNATIONAL COMPANIES: MANAGING CONFLICTS DURING THE INTEGRATION OF SUBSIDIARIES. Grundey, Dainora // Transformation in Business & Economics;Jun2008, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p182
No abstract available.
- Unilever extends global reach. Murphy, Claire // Marketing (00253650);6/15/2000, p17
Reports on the acquisition strategy of Unilever PLC in order to widen its global reach. Acquisition of Ben & Jerry's, Slim-Fast and Bestfoods; List of Bestfoods brands; Expected cost savings from the merger; Impact of the acquisition on creative agencies working with the firms; Project profit...
- INTERNATIONALIZING THE FIRM. Vansina, L�opold S. // International Studies of Management & Organization;Winter71/72, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p351
The article reprints the paper "L'internationalisation de l'entreprise," previously published in the March-April 1970 issue of the journal "Synopsis." In spite of the evident necessity of setting up a truly international management firm, the positive results are very meager. The difficulties...
- Who's Driving Conglomerates Abroad? Shim Shang-bok // Korea Focus;Aug2013, p1
The article reports that the governments all over the world are devoted in creating business-friendly environment. Many conglomerate affiliates have announced plans to promote a large number of part-time workers to full-time positions in South Korea. New Korea-bound investments and other global...
- A model makeover. Rewick, C.J. // Crain's Chicago Business;03/22/99, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p13
Focuses on the successful merger between Chicago, Illinois-based Helene Curtis Industries Inc. and the British-Dutch food and personal products company, Unilever. Potential problems seen with the merger; Unilever's overhaul of Helene Curtis operations; Improvements in Helene Curtis' finances...
- Getting Real About Going Global. Stewart, Thomas A. // Fortune;2/15/1999, Vol. 139 Issue 3, p170
Comments on globalization as the biggest business trend in the late 1990s. How the Internet has helped this boom; The spree of intercontinental mergers and acquisitions; Problems that arise from globalization.
- I Scream. Rosengarten, Danielle // Dollars & Sense;Sep/Oct2000, Issue 231, p4
Discusses the decision of European conglomerate Unilever to acquire both Ben & Jerry's and SlimFast. Conflict posed by the acquisition; Value of the deal.
- State of the Industry Report. Honomichl, Jack // Marketing News;8/30/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p20
The article examines finance of conglomerate corporations which deal in marketing, advertising, and public opinion research, such as advertising agency holding companies. Overall trends within these industries are discussed, including employment and corporate profits. Consolidation and mergers...
- Bonnier secures D & B businesses. // Precision Marketing;4/2/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p9
Reports that Sweden-based media group Bonnier has purchased six Dun and Bradstreet (D&B) businesses for $24 million in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic. Combined revenue of $52 million; Operating within Bonnier Business Information which offers digital...