A Cultural Look At Location Technology
- Middleware Bridges Internet, Wireless. Pappo, Nicky // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;May2000, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p47
Focuses on wireless Internet middleware, an alternative to enabling web site applications to be read by wireless Internet devices. Challenges of delivering wireless Internet content; Problems posed by different devices, standards and programming interfaces; Tasks of middleware technology; More...
- Wireless: Industry of today and tomorrow. Stafford,, Daniel // Business America;Jun98, Vol. 119 Issue 6, p12
Rates Web sites focusing on wireless telecommunications. Topics discussed; Ratings.
- Digital voice networks push toward data. Bernier, Paula // Inter@ctive Week;3/10/97, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p16
Reports on plans of allowing customers to access the Internet and transfer data across wireless carriers' network. Plans of AirTouch Communications Inc.; Offer of circuit-switched and packet-based data services; Standards to support packet data.
- Website preview. // Wireless Design & Development;May2000, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p26
Features Web sites devoted to the wireless communication industry. GIL Technologies; Avente Electronics Marketing Web site; Stellex Electronics Inc.; TelCom Semiconductor Inc.; RF Micro Devices Inc.; Z-Communications Inc.
- Site Of The Week. // Wireless Week;9/24/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 39, p22
Provides information on the Web site 3G, which deals with third-generation technology and networks. Features of the site; Usefulness of the site; Arrangement of its elements.
- Web site directory. // Cellular Business;Aug97, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p76
Presents a World Wide Web site directory of various wireless communication companies in the United States for the period ended August 1997. Includes Allen Telecom; Cell-Tel International; Comverse Technology; Curtis Electro Devices; Datastream.
- Wow! Sciannamea, Mike; Schiff, Debra // Electronic Design;11/18/96, Vol. 44 Issue 24, p80I
Introduces Career Center, a forum featured in the Web site World of Wireless Communications. Name of companies currently advertising in the center; Descriptions of each job listing found in the center.
- Satellites, radio, and super wireless for new high-speed Net access. Hogan, Mike; Piller, Charles // PCWorld;Oct97, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p68
Looks at wireless technologies that provide comparable bandwidth, are competitively priced, and install faster than existing wireless technologies. DirectDuo satellite dish; CellularVision USA, the United States' first Local Multipoint Distribution Service; WinStar, surplus radio bandwidth that...
- Talking about a (wiring) revolution. Surkan, Michael // PC Week;07/28/97, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p92
Reports on the biggest revenue drain on corporate computer networks as being wiring. Going wireless as the solution to the problem; The effect that the Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (EIII) ratification of the 802.11 standard will have on the wireless industry.