RIM Strikes Strategic Deal
- VoiceStream to sell Blackberrys for GSM/GPRS network. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;11/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p19
Reports on the agreement signed between Research In Motion Ltd. and VoiceStream Wireless Corp. Terms under the deal; Significance of the deal for both companies.
- Black Berry Ripens. // T+D;Feb2002, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p23
Reports developments in the marketing of Blackberry, a palm-sized electronic mail device from the Canadian-based Research In Motion company. Features of the device; Increase in subscriptions; Partnership with VoiceStream for the distribution of the devices.
- Sprint PCS, VoiceStream entertain swap. // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p34
Reports the possible deal between Sprint PCS and VoiceStream Wireless Corp. Terms of the deal.
- Nokia gets $300M contract to expand VoiceStream network. // RCR Wireless News;3/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p32
Announces the deal between Nokia and VoiceStream Wireless Corp. for the expansion of the global system for mobile communications (GSM) network in the U.S. Terms and condition of the deal; Schedule of the GSM service debut.
- nanoBITS. // Communications News;Jul2000, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p10
Presents updates on the telecommunication industry as of July 2000. Acquisition of Team Integration by WRQ; Acquisition of Memorex Telex Asia Pacific by NCR; Change in the name of NetAmerica.com; Estimated value of a multiyear agreement signed by Nokia and VoiceStream Wireless.
- RIM to offer high-speed device. // InfoWorld;1/21/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p26
Deals with the plan of Research in Motion (RIM) to add high-speed data and voice capabilities to its handheld devices. Details on the deal made by RIM with VoiceStream; Information on iStream, the General Packet Radio Service offered by VoiceStream; Capabilities of RIM devices with iStream.
- DT, VoiceStream stock manipulated by letter. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p1
Reports the status of the pending deal of Deutsche Telekom to purchase VoiceStream Wireless Corp. in the United States as of April 2001. Impact of the alleged manipulation of the stock price of VoiceStream; Reason for the opposition to the merger request of Deutsche and VoiceStream.
- CELLULAR/PCS. // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p28
Presents news briefs from the cellular and personal communication systems industry as of May 15, 2000. Increasing usage of wireless communication; Contract between VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Ericsson.
- VoiceStream Wireless opens ninth storefront in metro area. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;08/05/96, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p3
Reports that VoiceStream Wireless has opened its ninth store in Salt Lake City, Utah.