Recycled Gear Now In Fashion
- The Finer Points of Asset Management. McElligott, Tim // Wireless Review;Apr2005, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p16
Discusses the core business of Somera which involves asset management in the telecommunication equipment industry. Statistics of the company's customers and transactions per month; Information the company's Recovery Plus patent-pending technology; Total worth of equipment bought and resold in...
- Pennies From Heaven? Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;4/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on the operations of Somera Communications Inc. in finding and selling used network equipment. Estimated number of wireless and wired operators worldwide which has connections with Somera; Percentage of savings in infrastructure costs for operators, with help from firms such as Somera.
- SOMERA LAUNCHES 'TURNKEY TELCO INITIATIVE' PROGRAM. // Tele-Service News;Mar2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p6
Reports on a program lauched by California-based Somera Communications aimed at providing turnkey wireless backhaul solutions to national wireless and Regional Bell Operating Co. communities as of March 1, 2003.
- INHERITING THE EARTH. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;2/10/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the fundamental shift occurring among telecommunication companies in the U.S. Move of Somera Communications to provide wireless backhaul solutions to Sprint PCS; Services provided by Lucent Technologies and Nortel Networks; Seminars on broadband deployment in rural towns organized by...
- e-Com in a Kit? Gibbs, Hope Katz // Export Today's Global Business;Dec2000, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p52
Explores how a business should select its e-commerce solutions provider. Search of Somera Communications, a manufacturer of telecommunications equipment and provider of service solutions, for an e-commerce solutions provider; Challenges faced by companies in selecting an e-commerce solutions...
- Second-hand Gear Gets New Life. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;4/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p18
Focuses on the operations of asset management firm Somera Communications Inc., used by wireless operators for help in finding or selling used network equipment as of April 2003. Description of the program given by Somera for its wireless clients; Estimated number of network operators associated...
- Somera shines in tough times. Duffy, Jim // Network World;9/3/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p25
Reports the improvement in the market performance of Somera Communications, company specializing in used-equipment sales and services in Santa Barbara, California. Background of Somera; Factor contributing to the improved market performance of the company; Impact of competition in the Internet...
- Somera Expands Into Services. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p16
Reports on the expansion of the wireless communication network equipment business of Somera into services. Remarks from Rick Darnaby, chief executive of Somera; Benefits in acquiring Compass Telecom.
- Marconi, Somera to serve infrastructure needs in rural markets. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p43
Focuses on the partnership deal between Marconi PLC and Somera Communications Incorporated. Target markets of Marconi's power solutions; Reason behind Marconi's partnering with Somera; Benefits of the partnership deal.