Directions On Demand
- Sprint PCS to drop GSM in Washington. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p19
Reports on Sprint PCS' plan to stop operating its Global System for Mobile communications network in Washington, D.C. by the end of 1999. Sprint's purchase of the remaining shares of its partnership with American Personal Communications; Sprint's launch of its code division multiple access...
- Sprint PCS aims to give pictures more presence. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p1
Reports that Sprint PCS has added Sanyo Fisher Company's 8100 camera phone to its camera-phone line-up. Features of Sanyo Fisher Company's 8100 camera phone; Advantages of the Sanyo 8100 over other camera phones; Information on the company's plan to offer embedded camera phones.
- Sprint to expand distribution in Puerto Rico. DiMeo, Sam // Caribbean Business;5/16/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p2
Reports on the expansion plan of Sprint PCS in Puerto Rico in 2002. Establishment of express stores in the metropolitan area and kiosks throughout the island; Position of the company as the island's sixth cellular provider.
- Sprint PCS Adds Content. // Wireless Week;04/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p19
States that the company Sprint PCS Wireless added more travel and financial information on its Web site. Sources of the information.
- Bringing emergency alerts to new level. Bischoff, Glenn // Mobile Radio Technology;Feb2008, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p14
The article reports that Sprint Nextel Corp. has agreed to deploy the Mobile Alert Network developed by SquareLoop that is designed to notify cellular subscribers in small geographic areas targeted by emergency officials in the U.S. The emergency-alert solution is located in the San Francisco...
- Sprint PCS to shut down gsm network in D.C. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p2
Reports that Sprint PCS will close its Global System for Mobile (GSM) communications network in Washington D.C. Termination of all roaming with GSM operators; Impact of the closure on Omnipoint Corp. and its New York customers; Speculations on the possibility that Omnipoint is negotiating to...
- Verizon, Spring PCS Vie For Attention. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;6/24/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p1
Reports that U.S. electronics retailer RadioShack Corp. sells phones and service for Sprint PCS and Verizon Wireless. Reduction in the growth forecast of Sprint for the second quarter of 2002; Main competitors of RadioShack; Percentage of RadioShack stores which recommend Verizon service.
- Sprint delivers distinctive design in two handsets. Diaz Jr., Frank // Caribbean Business;7/25/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p32
Describes the SPH-A460 telephone handsets developed by Sprint PCS and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Design and specifications; Special features; Capabilities.
- TDtv: Better Late Than Never? Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;3/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p24
Provides information on TDtv, a mobile television technology introduced by IPWireless in the U.S. in 2006. Expectations of IPWireless executives on the technology; Relationship between IPWireless and Sprint Nextel; Features of the TDtv technology.