Aerie Makes Bid No. 2
- Aerie Networks To Revive Ricochet Service. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;11/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p11
Reports that the Denver, Colorado-based company Aerie Networks acquired the assets of bankrupt wireless Internet provider Metricom Inc. and promises to revive the technology using another business plan. What is not included in the sale; Cities in the United States where the company will...
- Metricom Still Looking For A Buyer. // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the decision of Metricom Inc. to turn down the offer of Aerie Networks Inc. to buy the company's assets. Aim of Aerie Networks' offer; Value of the property owned by Metricom Inc.; Hearing on the sale.
- Metricom rejects Aerie offer. // RCR Wireless News;9/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p19
Reports that Metricom Inc. rejected an offer from Aerie Networks for the acquisition of Metricom's assets.
- Wireless network's 2nd chance. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 46, p1
Reports on Aerie Networks Inc.'s expansion of the wireless Ricochet network in Westchester County, New York. Development of the network by Metricom Inc.; Aerie president and chief executive officer Mort Aaronson's commitment to expanding the network within Westchester; Aerie's plan to redeploy...
- Aerie Eyes Metricom's Ricochet Network. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;9/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p22
Reports on the bid on the assets of bankrupt company Metricom Inc. placed by Aerie Networks Inc. Services of Metricom Inc.; Plans of Aerie to build out fiber-optic network.
- Broadband startup interested in Metricom. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;9/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the negotiations between Aerie Networks and Metrocom Inc. for the acquisition of the Ricochet high-speed wireless data network built by Metrocom. Division to be created by Aerie that would act as the owner of the network; Background on the companies.
- Aerie again bids for Metricom assets. // RCR Wireless News;11/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the bid of Aerie Networks to acquire the remaining assets of Metricom Inc. Estimated value of the bid; Assets to be acquired by Aerie; Bankruptcy filed by Metricom.
- Ricochet Wireless Internet Service May Bounce Back. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;11/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p33
Reports the status of an Internet provider Richochet Wireless Internet Service in San Diego, California. Acquisition of Richochet by the Aerie Networks Inc.; Description about the company; Impact of the bankruptcy to its operations.
- Aerie Networks buys Ricochet network in bargain-basement deal. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;11/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p7
Reports that Aerie Networks Inc., a broadband services company, has acquired Ricochet Networks, a wireless broadband network of Metricom Inc. Financial losses posted by Ricochet; Information of the loyal customer base of Ricochet; Factors which affected the bankruptcy condition of Ricochet;...