Last Year's Star Player Sidelined
- No more working without a Net. Vargas, Alexia // Crain's New York Business;08/21/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the aggressive build-out of infrastructure that will enable wireless high-speed Internet access around metropolitan New York. Wireless installations of Concourse Communications Group at Newark, La Guardia and JFK airports; Metricom Inc.'s contract to set-up utility poles in the...
- Wireless key to pervasive messaging. Bruno, Antony // RCR;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p3
Focuses on issues related to pervasive messaging in the wireless telecommunication industry. Importance of instant messagimg to pervasive messaging; Challenge for the Internet industry to make the various existing instant-messaging systems interoperable; Conflict between America Online and...
- Nokia applies lessons learned to wireless Internet world. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;07/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p32
Focuses on Nokia Corp.'s foray into the wireless Internet access market.
- Wireless Providers Race to Bring 3G to Customers. Kivikas, Daniel // San Diego Business Journal;10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p14
Focuses on the third generation representation of the wireless technologies in the United States. Development of mobile Internet applications; Enhancement of bandwidth and packet oriented network; Utilization of smarter embedded technologies.
- Country See, Country Do(esn't). // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the findings of a study conducted by Cahners In-Stat which reveals that even other are more advance than the United States in adoption of wireless data and Internet services, said services will not necessarily be a success in the U.S.
- Wireless Internet Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p8
Presents news briefs concerning the wireless Internet sector, compiled as of January 29, 2001.
- Priming the Data Pump. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;3/5/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p30
Discusses the trends in wireless Internet. Expected revenues from mobile commerce; Efforts to deal with the challenges in deploying wireless Internet; Comparison of the market in the United States to that of Japan and Europe.
- Sun stakes claim in wireless Internet space with broad initiatives. Bruno, Antony // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p14
Focuses on Sun Microsystems Inc.'s foray into the wireless Internet market.
- MIXed messages. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;10/11/99, Vol. 237 Issue 15, p18
Examines the market status of wireless Internet industry in the United States as of October 11, 1999. Information on Palm VII; Availability of Oracle's wireless Internet software; Background on Motorola's Mobile Internet Exchange Communications platform.