BT Off Hook As Investors Back Wireless Divestiture
- BT wireless spinoff complete. // RCR Wireless News;11/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p19
Reports on the completion of the spinoff of British Telecommunications PLC. Companies that were formed due to the spinoff.
- Why BT shareholders face a fruitful season. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;10/12/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p27
Asserts that Philip Hampton's appointment as British Telecom PLC's group finance director signals its imminent breakup. Company's reaction to media's reaction to its business strategy; Rationale of the breakup; Hampton's role in the divestiture of British Gas PLC.
- BT Spinoff Plans May Flounder; CFO Jumps Ship. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;10/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 43, p10
Focuses on the factors that may impede the plan of British Telecommunications (BT) plc to spin off its mobile Internet business. Issue on boardroom splits; Resignation of Robert Brace, BT chief finance officer; Decline in BT stocks; Disagreement among its European partners. INSET: BT: A...
- BT splits itself up. // America's Network;7/1/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p52
Reports on the announced plan of British Telecom PLC to break itself up with a full spinoff of its wireless business. Value of the company's debt and its cause; Subsidiaries and interests that the company is planning to sell.
- BT begins to sell assets. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p8
Reports that British Telecommunications PLC is planning to sell its stake in Swiss joint venture telecommunications company Sunrise to TeleDanmark.
- Ofcom ponders BT break-up. // Utility Week;4/30/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p5
Reports that the Office of Communications (Ofcom) of Great Britain is considering the possible splitting of British Telecom (BT) as part of its strategic review of the telecoms sector. Consultation of the review to be published by Ofcom; Rivals of BT that dropped their demands for a break-up of...
- Thus urges BT not to break up. // Utility Week;7/18/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the argument Bill Allen, CEO of alternative telecommunications carrier Thus, against the breakup of fixed-line provider BT for the benefit of competition in Great Britain. Economic impact of splitting BT into two, according to Allen; Suggestions of backers of a BT breakup.
- The Effects of Divestiture, Privatization, and Competition on Productivity in U.S. and U.K. Telecommunications: a Brief Note. Gabel, David // Review of Industrial Organization;Feb1993, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p63
The article focuses on the effects of divestiture, privatization, and competition on productivity in the U.S. and Great Britain Telecommunications. In Great Britain, the era of competition is more recent and therefore the data set for that country includes only one year during which British...
- FAST BREAKS. // Interactive Week;5/14/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p13
Provides updates related to the international computer industry as of May 14, 2001. Reason for the plan of Novell to give its eDirectory technology service for free; Plan of British Telecommunications to spin off its wireless business as a separate public company before the end of 2001;...